Tell me about the lat 64 fury

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Tell me about the lat 64 fury

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:01 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:The Fury's an easy to throw driver with big glide. Agree with your "Valkyrie" comment. The only thing I didn't like is that it seems slow for a driver, which I attribute to its pretty blunt edge.

Yeah it does look very slow in flight. Then you finally realize how far it went and you go,"how did that happen". It almost puts you in the mind of a faster Comet just because of how it looks like it is going nowhere and then it just amazes you when you get there how far it went. Cyclones are like that for me too.

This thing is pretty much my main driver. Great disc indeed.

"Yeah it does look very slow in flight. Then you finally realize how far it went and you go,"how did that happen".

Exactly! It looks like it's plodding out there and then the distance is surprisingly long. I only used my Fury once at a course, on longer holes(400+ ft) and it was always longer than I thought, based on how slow it looked while flying. I dropped it from my bag pretty quick when I picked up a Lucid Renegade. The Renegade is a great driver! Fast, slightly understable, and superb glide.

I've heard great things about a Renegade. I Dynamic Discs putter "The Judge" is the best thing I've ever used.

I maybe dropping my Fury. I've had it in the bag for over a year and it treated me well,but I've got some things figured out and it may not be needed anymore.

Still a great disc though. It would treat someone with medium arm speed very very well.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:09 am

Fixed the nose issues? I have not read your bag thread today yet.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 am

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:The Fury's an easy to throw driver with big glide. Agree with your "Valkyrie" comment. The only thing I didn't like is that it seems slow for a driver, which I attribute to its pretty blunt edge.

Yeah it does look very slow in flight. Then you finally realize how far it went and you go,"how did that happen". It almost puts you in the mind of a faster Comet just because of how it looks like it is going nowhere and then it just amazes you when you get there how far it went. Cyclones are like that for me too.

This thing is pretty much my main driver. Great disc indeed.

"Yeah it does look very slow in flight. Then you finally realize how far it went and you go,"how did that happen".

Exactly! It looks like it's plodding out there and then the distance is surprisingly long. I only used my Fury once at a course, on longer holes(400+ ft) and it was always longer than I thought, based on how slow it looked while flying. I dropped it from my bag pretty quick when I picked up a Lucid Renegade. The Renegade is a great driver! Fast, slightly understable, and superb glide.

I've heard great things about a Renegade. I Dynamic Discs putter "The Judge" is the best thing I've ever used.

I maybe dropping my Fury. I've had it in the bag for over a year and it treated me well,but I've got some things figured out and it may not be needed anymore.

Still a great disc though. It would treat someone with medium arm speed very very well.

Yeh, the Fury is too slow as a distance driver, IMO. And not stable enough as a control driver...the Saint is better in that role.

I got a Lucid Renegade when they first came out and immediately clicked with it. Ordered 2 more as spares...same weight, same color, same small dome. New, it's like a less stable Wraith, with better glide. With the flashing gone, it's more like a Bolt, but not quite as long. It's one of two main drivers for me now, paired with a champ Orc.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:03 pm

My Fury sits and waits for opportunities. Poor guy has had almost none recently.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:19 pm

JR wrote:Fixed the nose issues? I have not read your bag thread today yet.

I think I have. It goes pretty flat and doesn't go up in the air.Well the beast does a little,but that is due to the glide of the thing. I was however getting some straight lasers with it once I got the feel of it again.

Messed with the Beast and was getting it out to 380ft avg,the PD was getting around 370 to 380ft today. 2 completely different lines though.

I've been playing for a long time and I feel that is pretty much my distance limit on those types of discs. I wish I could get them out further,even when I had my broken in Beast from 4 years ago I was still getting it out to about a 380ft avg.

I so want to throw those high speed drivers in for when I go to those big courses,but In the back of my head I know I shouldn't. I have thought about using a Nuke again,but that might be a bad idea lol.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Nose up issues: thumb too far from the edge of the rim. Or more commonly, coming through the throwing motion low to high(i.e. not on a level plane).

JR obviously doesn't suffer from this, and it's just one of the reasons he can throw a Buzzz completely fadeless through the narrowest of tunnel holes. Other reasons might be poor eyesight and self deception. Chuckle, chuckle...
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 am

Actually apex height is key to Buzzes thrown without fade and Beasts going to 400+ if you get PDs that far. Buzz is fadeless only on low lines like head high or not a lot above it. Then they tend to skip and or slide a while on landing. People who put super amount of spin on the Buzz can throw them a little higher without fade.

The Beast needs a lot of height to get to 400'. Not much less than the Fury at all. For my speed spin combo at least 13' probably 15' and higher on average at sea level in calm conditions on average. Lower than that needs a good pull that is over my average that i can repeat enough to count on in shot planning during rounds. I aversge 52+ mph at 20 revs per second. Radar for the speed and high speed camera for the spin. Record speed is 57 mph and i have topped out at 22 revs only once. Normally i cannot get above 20 revs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 am

I was just kidding around with those Buzzz comments. Sure, lower lines tend to be straighter, as is the case with any disc.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:16 pm

I was not kidding. It really is possible to get a no fade z Buzz flat top high plh concave wing moderately os Buzz to have no fade given 400' driver power with moderate spin with head high throws out to say 280'. Less than that if repeatability is required. What makes the no fade flight possible is exceeding the fading speed/spin requirement of the Buzz for long enough to let gravity to pull the disc to ground early enough to avoid the onset of the fade.

The nice thing about z Buzzes is that they do not flip at that power and low height and there are different plastics that are more and less stable.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:32 pm

That's what I meant by saying "I" was kidding. I know a Buzzz can be thrown with no fade, the flat Z's and understable(and possibly beat) Pro D's especially. You know a mid that doesn't need excess spin and any finessing to fly straight and fadeless? The Opto Fuse...and then there's the Mako/Mako 3, AMS, Element, Coyote, Gauge, Tangent, and Buzzz SS, to name a few. None of them will flip over either if thrown correctly(i.e. clean form and flat release).

We've been through this before.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:11 pm

For the benefit of others not knowing more i try to go past kidding stage for those in the know just so that anyone using the search function or reading later does not get the wrong idea. Which is why i try to give accurate data every time so it was not a reaction directed at you bentelbow. I know you were having fun. Although i have trouble throwing every disc you mentioned without flipping at full power including the Coyote i like. Comets with clean release are even better for straight no fade shots than the discs you mentioned. Although they vary based on the plastic.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Let me clarify...clean form and flat release on neutral-understable mids did not imply throwing at full power. At full power, try "hyzer flipping" all those I mentioned, you'll get a different result, with the exception possibly of the Fuse and Buzzz SS.

Steve Rico, when introducing the Gauge, was throwing powered up hyzer flips with it dead straight out to a basket 350+ ft. Do a search for "Legacy Gauge video", and you'll find it.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Speaking of Hyzerflips,my Z Comet doesn't flip at my power when thrown with hyzer. It will just hold that hyzer very straight and just slowly fade to the left at the very end. It looks totally weird when I do it right and my friends always say that is just nuts looking lol

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:09 pm

How heavy is it and does it have dome?

I do sweeping hyzers with my Opto Fuse, but at nowhere near full power and using quite a bit of hyzer release angle (i.e. not a hyzer flip).
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Equipment