what should i eliminate

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

what should i eliminate

Postby discgolfrocks » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:45 am

Putters---- XD,POLECAT
Mid range----GATOR,SHARK,WOLF,ROC
Fairway Drivers----LEOPERD,TEE BIRD, TL
Distance Drivers----,ORC,DESTROYER,BEAST,ARCHANGEL,WRAITH
discgolfrocks
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova

Re: what should i eliminate

Postby JR » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi and welcome. The ultimate decision can be only yours because you are the only one who knows the courses and conditions you play and your preferences and strenght/weakness analysis. With that disclaimer for general use i would get something more overstable in the putter department and drop the Polecat because the XD is understable enough. GAtor and Roc should suffice for mid duties if you have more than one Roc and one of them is beat enough to become understable. TL overlaps with both the Leo and the TB so it is the one that is under the gun. Your power and prefereces for disc shape, nose angle and wing width determine which discs are the best in the distance driver area. Beast is versatile so some may do with it as long as it does not get stormy. Then none of the discs may suffice at least into headwinds. You lack a really overstable driver unless you throw short and then the Destroyer would suffice. Otherwise you need something beefier. You listed only Innova discs so i don't know if that is a limit for you. Ape, Max and Monster might handle the overstable stuff. More options are available if you accept discs from other companies that Innova made. S PD2 being my fave for overstable duties with the most overstable kind of Q Quasars following. And C PDs of the most overstable kind in the slower not as hard fading category. There are plenty of other great discs outside of the Innova family.

To really give you an appropriate reply we would need an idea of how far you throw discs with how much spin and how clean your technique is. The replies need to reflect where you are now and the replies do vary between players with differences in power, spin and cleanliness of form.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Stringbean » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 am

discgolfrocks wrote:Putters---- XD,POLECAT
Mid range----GATOR,SHARK,WOLF,ROC
Fairway Drivers----LEOPERD,TEE BIRD, TL
Distance Drivers----,ORC,DESTROYER,BEAST,ARCHANGEL,WRAITH

That's a tough question to answer without knowing the plastic types and what you use each disc for. Also, you have 14 discs which isn't necessarily overkill. I carry 12-14 and most in my league carry 20+.

Putters - The XD and Polecat are both understable-neutral but are very different molds, so not necessarily overlap. You don't have an overstable putter but the Gator can easily fill the same role.

Mids - The Gator is an excellent utility disc. I would drop either the Shark or the Roc depending on what you feel more comfortable throwing. The Wolf is a good understable utility disc.

Fairway Drivers - If your Teebird is of the beefy variety, this is a great line-up.

Distance Drivers - Destroyer/Wraith/Orc generally cover the same flight path with slight differences in speed. I would either drop the Wraith and keep the Destroyer/Orc or carry the Wraith only. I've never thrown an Archangel, so can't comment on that. If the Beast is on the understable side, then it will pair nicely with one of [Destroyer/Wraith/Orc] as your main distance driver.

I personally would go with...
Putters---- XD
Mid range----GATOR,WOLF,ROC
Fairway Drivers----LEOPERD,TEEBIRD
Distance Drivers----BEAST,WRAITH
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby discgolfrocks » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:40 pm

I can usually throw 250 feet, my technique is pretty good if I say so myself although I do slip up now and then.
on that note what's overstable/understable
also al my discs are the DX plastics
discgolfrocks
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:23 pm

If you can just throw 250ft I would stick with your Fairways (Speed 6,7) and focus on using your mids more until you can get your mids up to 250ft+.

My buddy has the same distance as you and all he throws is a River and a Comet. He basically throws his Comet on everything except the long holes. I can slowly see his progress with every throw he makes.

The Putters are fine. I'm guessing you use the XD as your main putter correct? It's a good putter as it's very neutral.

At your power level I'm guessing all your mids except for the Wolf is overstable for you. Wolf don't have much glide so it's not a good learning tool.It's a great utlity disc though.A Roc is a great disc,but it really shines when worn in a bit. I have yet to use one,but the Innova Foxbat looks to be a good disc to get mechanics down real well. I know for sure a Latitude 64 Fuse or a Discraft Comet is perfect for learning better mechanics.

On your Fairways just stick with your Leopard on most throws and the Teebird for beef.

I know it's gonna be hard to run with this for a while,but until your arm speed gets faster your Fairways will treat you very well.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby andrew » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:43 pm

discgolfrocks wrote:on that note what's overstable/understable

That question begs me to ask, on what kind of shots are you using each disc for? If more than one discs could be thrown for the same or similar routes and distance, eliminate the one(s) that you're less comfortable with/confident in.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion