Innova Tern

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Innova Tern

Postby JR » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:07 am

Innova is not above if it looks like and flies like an Ape maybe it is a PD2 ;-) Or a misstamped whatever...
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 am

BentElbow11 wrote:Yeh, sounds like you're pretty committed to the Tern. I liked the feel of the Crank too, more streamlined than other Discraft max D drivers.

Yeah that is the word i was thinking of for it the other day, Streamlined. :thumbup:
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:02 am

JR wrote:Innova is not above if it looks like and flies like an Ape maybe it is a PD2 ;-) Or a misstamped whatever...

:lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 am

JR wrote:Innova is not above if it looks like and flies like an Ape maybe it is a PD2 ;-) Or a misstamped whatever...

You're forgetting about Discraft/DGA?

Or PMantle, who should probably change the name on the top of his disc from Tern to Teerex. :wink:
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:55 am

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:Yeh, sounds like you're pretty committed to the Tern. I liked the feel of the Crank too, more streamlined than other Discraft max D drivers.

Yeah that is the word i was thinking of for it the other day, Streamlined. :thumbup:

It has a shallower rim, 1.1cm vs 1.2cm of other Discraft drivers. I think that's the main difference in feel.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Starting to finally feel better so I'm gonna get a chance to test my new Champion Tern out tomorrow.

In my mind I feel it's gonna be just really straight with fade,maybe just a bit of turn but not much

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:21 pm

How does the dome on it compare to your other champ Terns? Higher PLH should do it, but dome can make a difference too. Typically, flat = less stable, domey = more stable.

Yeh, hope you feel better soon!
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:39 am

Hey Bent my buddy. Threw a bunch of discs yesterday. My two Champ Terns flew basically like -0.5 2. Every Renegade I had(three plastics) flew the same for me and I would say they are easily -2 1.

BTW, just from reading your posts, it looks to be like you haven't actually thrown any of these and are just going off numbers. :lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:44 am

Back to the Sorcerer:

Except that the Sorcerer is more understable than the numbers, or inbounds says.

Been throwing a Trespass for awhile and have only thrown the Sorcerer one round, but it's pretty obvious that the Trespass is beefier than the Sorcerer.

It has a good amount of turn, can be a long disc if you dont get a trespass to fly straight/turn.

I was throwing Sorcerers again, today. These are have more turn than even my Cranks. I would put the Sorcerer (in TP) at like -1.5 or so.

Unique posters. None me.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:08 am

PMantle wrote:Hey Bent my buddy. Threw a bunch of discs yesterday. My two Champ Terns flew basically like -0.5 2. Every Renegade I had(three plastics) flew the same for me and I would say they are easily -2 1.

BTW, just from reading your posts, it looks to be like you haven't actually thrown any of these and are just going off numbers. :lol:

PMantle, really, do you read the posts?

I've stated more than once that I have 2 first run champ Terns, and that the Renegade is one of the drivers in my bag.

-0.5, 2 doesn't sound right for the champ Tern, unless seriously underpowered.

And now you've gone from the Renegade being "way more understable" than -3, to -2.

Whatever, believe what you will...
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:26 am

PMantle wrote:Back to the Sorcerer:

Except that the Sorcerer is more understable than the numbers, or inbounds says.

Been throwing a Trespass for awhile and have only thrown the Sorcerer one round, but it's pretty obvious that the Trespass is beefier than the Sorcerer.

It has a good amount of turn, can be a long disc if you dont get a trespass to fly straight/turn.

I was throwing Sorcerers again, today. These are have more turn than even my Cranks. I would put the Sorcerer (in TP) at like -1.5 or so.

Unique posters. None me.

Cherry picking a handful of reviews doesn't help your argument, it compromises it even further. But, even then, it looks like they're saying it has more turn than a Trespass which shouldn't be surprising. As for the Crank, TP Sorcerer vs what Crank?...ESP or Z?

General descriptions from the majority of reviews(from multiple sources) is straight with fade, with maybe -1 turn.

BTW, here are Inbounds #'s for the 3: Trespass -14%, 56%...Crank -29%, 44%...Sorcerer -8%, 37%.

Insisting that every driver out there is more understable than your Tern doesn't make it so, it's just strange.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 am

I don't need help. You bury yourself with every post.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:32 pm

Feeling better and did good with the Terns. Nailed a big turnover with the Star for 380ft. Hit a crazy S-Shot for around 410ft then hit 390ft with the champion and one just a bit over 400ft with the Champion.

The Champion did turnout to be more stable and I like it. I can really rip on it flat instead of having to adjust my hyzer angle like I did with the other one. So yeah I like it

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby inthedrift » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:21 pm

PMantle and BentElbow11 need to have a DGR meetup and toss some Terns :D
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird