Uncle B's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Uncle B's Bag

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:Sorry to hear you hurt your finger, I PM'd you.

Sounds like the Patriot/Rival combo is working out really well. One thing I never liked about pairing the Leopard with a Teebird, is the Leopard is considerably shorter. Leopard/Eagle makes more sense to me. But then one's glidey and the other's pretty glideless.

Innova's fairway lineup could use some help, and Discraft's is really weak. They keep trying to bump up these hybrid midranges into fairway drivers(Stalker, Zombee, Glide) instead of designing a new FW driver...well, maybe the Mantis finally.

Yes the Patriot Rival is combo is perfect man. Both will go pretty much the same distance which is what you need for a good Fairway combo.

Yeah I've tried both Discraft's and Innova's. And really Discraft just barely has a better lineup(combo wise)in that one with the Tracker/Express combo. I always thought those 2 were pretty good compliments to each other.

Tracker/Express is a decent combo, but they're both ancient designs and also only available in limited plastic.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:34 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:Sorry to hear you hurt your finger, I PM'd you.

Sounds like the Patriot/Rival combo is working out really well. One thing I never liked about pairing the Leopard with a Teebird, is the Leopard is considerably shorter. Leopard/Eagle makes more sense to me. But then one's glidey and the other's pretty glideless.

Innova's fairway lineup could use some help, and Discraft's is really weak. They keep trying to bump up these hybrid midranges into fairway drivers(Stalker, Zombee, Glide) instead of designing a new FW driver...well, maybe the Mantis finally.

Yes the Patriot Rival is combo is perfect man. Both will go pretty much the same distance which is what you need for a good Fairway combo.

Yeah I've tried both Discraft's and Innova's. And really Discraft just barely has a better lineup(combo wise)in that one with the Tracker/Express combo. I always thought those 2 were pretty good compliments to each other.

Tracker/Express is a decent combo, but they're both ancient designs and also only available in limited plastic.

Yes very Ancient indeed. I don't think they are very glidey either.

Well so far man the Left hand backhand is a bit difficult. It's pretty fun anyways but man I look like a complete beginner out there. Feels like I've started all over again. Good thing I have all this knowledge. Now if I could just get the right side of my brain to work with my left arm I would be good. :lol:
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:39 pm

I'll update the bag a bit later,but I did get me a Lucid Suspect. some say it's a midrange,but I say it's a Overstable Putter like a Zone. I like the grip better than a Zone. It is just a tad more straighter than a Zone,but the distances are the same. Once my right hand heals a bit more I'll get more work with it. I only have 5 throws with it so far but I really like it.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Tracker's not glidey, that's for sure. Especially the Z version. What's with almost all of Discraft's Z discs coming out flat and piggish lately? Look at XS, XL, Xpress, Tracker, Flash, Surge. Older Z discs had normal dome.

I don't like the grip(rim) of the Zone either. I can get by putting with it, but don't like throwing it because of the grip.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Guys. Craziest thing happened today.

I decided that I was gonna throw my Comets left handed until I got better with keep my nose down. Well it was a good thing I had them in my bag. :D

There is this downhill hole that is 201ft.Threw my ESP Comet lefthanded. Went to the left a little bit and then slam right into the Chains.I got my First Ace Left handed today. We all went nutz when it happened.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:Guys. Craziest thing happened today.

I decided that I was gonna throw my Comets left handed until I got better with keep my nose down. Well it was a good thing I had them in my bag. :D

There is this downhill hole that is 201ft.Threw my ESP Comet lefthanded. Went to the left a little bit and then slam right into the Chains.I got my First Ace Left handed today. We all went nutz when it happened.

Sweet! :thumbup:
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:11 am

Crazy and fun at the same time :D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:33 pm

It was pretty sweet. :D

My buddy was like man We need to get a Go Pro. :lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:13 pm

I'm thinking of putting my Comets back in the bag again. Hey the fuse is a great Disc,but I just really like my Comet's. My buddy has two of them right now so I'll have to get them back when we see each other again. :lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Old school vs new school...personally, I'd choose the Fuse, but only Opto. Heavier Z Comets are pretty sweet though.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JTdisc » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:08 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:Old school vs new school...personally, I'd choose the Fuse, but only Opto. Heavier Z Comets are pretty sweet though.

How do opto Fuses compare to gold line? My gold line is pretty understable, slightly more than my Z Meteor and quite a bit more understable than an M4. I didn't know Fuses even came in opto but I'd be interested in checking one out.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:04 pm

JTdisc wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:Old school vs new school...personally, I'd choose the Fuse, but only Opto. Heavier Z Comets are pretty sweet though.

How do opto Fuses compare to gold line? My gold line is pretty understable, slightly more than my Z Meteor and quite a bit more understable than an M4. I didn't know Fuses even came in opto but I'd be interested in checking one out.

Less understable, slightly better in the wind, more durable plastic. I started out with a GL, and switched to Opto awhile back. I like the Opto better from a control perspective, you can even throw it on fade shots in calm conditions. And the awesome glide is still there.

Right now I'm using a Super Stingray in its place. It's similar but a little straighter overall.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
JTdisc wrote:

Less understable, slightly better in the wind, more durable plastic. I started out with a GL, and switched to Opto awhile back. I like the Opto better from a control perspective, you can even throw it on fade shots in calm conditions. And the awesome glide is still there.

Right now I'm using a Super Stingray in its place. It's similar but a little straighter overall.

Yeah what he said.

I have a RL that is a lot like GL and it is a little more understable. My Opto is sweet though. It's a lot like a Z Comet. If I had a bag full of Opto Fuse's and Z Comets I would still play a full round of disc golf. :D

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Too much glide can be a curse in the case of the Fuse. Crosswinds can play havoc with it, getting under the wing and flipping it, left or right. That happens, and what looked like an approach shot on a beeline for the basket can sail away in either direction and wind up 20-30 away. Ranging the Fuse properly is also a problem because of the extra glide.

I replaced my Opto Fuse with a Super Stingray which I find to be much easier to control and better in any kind of wind. Love the Gauge, and that could be my eventual "go-to" neutral mid, but not until it's released in Pinnacle. I throw a Z Wasp in the OS role and I don't like going back and forth between that plastic feel and the soft tacky Icon of the Gauge.

FWIW...
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Yeah crosswinds kills my Fuses,but my Comets handle them better. I think it's because of the Bead. The comets don't go as far,but I seem to be more accurate with them. The Fuses are in the bag right now just because I can throw them a bit lower and they go about 15ft farther.

Still though I go back and forth between my Comets and Fuse's that it's not even funny. Two of my favorite molds...next to the Truth of course. :lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion