All quiet on the western front

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JR » Fri May 09, 2014 5:02 am

JTdisc wrote:The articles and instructional threads are still great. Not having Blake around is a bummer. I also miss the occasional bits of wisdom from Mark Ellis.

The biggest turnoff however is that there are very few posters and the most prolific poster does little more than argue and call people names. At the other site 1 out of 20 posts is a flame, here it's like 1 out of 3. Without a moderator, this has become an extremely hostile place to post.


What would you have me do when somebody spreads lies? Back when there were more veteran posters bufoons were laughed off by numbers and the worst offenders were warned or banned. This is not the case any more.

The real problem is a way worse truthful post to fallacy count. And it is no surprise that the not so bright spew misinformation. That is bad because the posts remain here and when a new person comes here he will get misinformation and misrepresentations about members of this forum. Are you really saying throwing the first stone on false accusations initiated by the stone thrower is the model humanity should apply? If so i undrrstand why you would have me roll over and play dead. Unfortunately we have gotten some DGCR rejects here and guess what that does to the quality of the site?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11529
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JTdisc » Fri May 09, 2014 7:04 am

Wasn't referring to you.
JTdisc
Noob
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 am
Favorite Disc: Escape

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JR » Sat May 10, 2014 6:51 am

Sorry i have not seen anything that could be taken to be hostile posts from other high post count members lately.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11529
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Time to set the record straight:

The "lies" JR accuses me of are direct quotes of his own words. He can't handle the truth. He trolls threads, disrupts discussions between myself and Uncle Brother repeatedly with a bunch of gobbledygook, and then goes ballistic when you disagree with him. He spreads his manure all over DGR, answering simple questions with long winded diatribes full of nonsense. And these questions are rarely directed at him. He trolls them. Long time members hardly speak to him here. He preys on people new to the forum and crashes their threads and posts.

Notice how he became real active again after me and UncleBrother showed up? We can't have a single discussion without JR swooping in and dumping on it. Arguing everything! Accepting nothing!

Maybe people here just got tired of him trolling virtually every thread with his nauseating replies and stopped coming to DGR. The guy's toxic to DGR. I've had discussions with others here, past and present, and this guy is driving people away from this forum. His favorite quote is that he's "correcting errors". Give me a break! The guy is error central.

If people actually want that here, welcome to it. I for one don't, and I'm not going to put up with his sh*t when he gets in my face.

Here's just one example:

"Banhammer that guy please what a liar. Or drug addict or totally incompetent reader in any case unable to connect the dots. I am done correcting his errors. Dgcr take him back."

^^^Does this sound like a healthy person? And then he plays the victim here and expresses concern about the truth and keeping DGR on a high level? What a devious little mind. Again, if any of you want that kind of thing here, so be it.

If I were the mods here I would first tell him to limit his replies to less than 1000 words, stop the relentless trolling of other peoples posts while just muddying the water with argumentative garbage, and to control his temper...and psychosis.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby slowarm » Sun May 11, 2014 1:05 am

I started this thread. Unfortunately, I can't delete it. All the replies kind of answered to my original question. Thanks for that.

Goodbye DGR, maybe I check in after the summer.

Make love not war...peace...whatever...let's cut the crap and go out play. Right?
slowarm
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:44 am
Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JR » Sun May 11, 2014 2:47 am

Do not go anywhere slowarm you did nothing wrong. I wish the crap would be cut which is why i put out some data contradicting the messages from another dimension from bents. I really would like his misinformation campaign to stop so i see no alternative to banning him.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11529
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby andrew » Sun May 11, 2014 6:55 am

This insistence that "I'm the anonymous person on the internet giving the most reliable information" is hilarious and ironic. Ever consider the possibility that we could all be full of shit? Why does it even matter what another anonymous person on the internet's opinion of your anonymous remarks are?

This thread seems to profoundly demonstrate why DGR has lost popularity. Nobody wants to read this immature bickering. There's no reason to respond to someone who disagrees with you more than once, because it's futile. I mean seriously, let's summarize:

"I'm right and you're wrong."
"No, I'm right and YOU'RE wrong."
"That's a lie."
"LIAR!"
"Here's a list of lies."
"That list is lies."
"Stop posting, jerk."
"YOU'RE the jerk, YOU stop posting."
"Ban the jerk!"
"Yes, ban the jerk!"
"JERK!"

:roll:
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: PPD

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby ferretdance03 » Sun May 11, 2014 2:30 pm

andrew wrote:...Nobody wants to read this immature bickering...

This x1000. And unfortunately it's permeated every active thread it seems. State your piece, agree to disagree and move on if need be. We're not ending world hunger here, we're throwing freaking frisbees for Pete's sake.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:55 am
Location: PA*sevenoneseven
Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:40 pm

andrew wrote:This insistence that "I'm the anonymous person on the internet giving the most reliable information" is hilarious and ironic. Ever consider the possibility that we could all be full of shit? Why does it even matter what another anonymous person on the internet's opinion of your anonymous remarks are?

This thread seems to profoundly demonstrate why DGR has lost popularity. Nobody wants to read this immature bickering. There's no reason to respond to someone who disagrees with you more than once, because it's futile. I mean seriously, let's summarize:

"I'm right and you're wrong."
"No, I'm right and YOU'RE wrong."
"That's a lie."
"LIAR!"
"Here's a list of lies."
"That list is lies."
"Stop posting, jerk."
"YOU'RE the jerk, YOU stop posting."
"Ban the jerk!"
"Yes, ban the jerk!"
"JERK!"

:roll:


I'm full of shit,but I eat a lot of fiber. :P

Trying to bring humor to the situation.
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JR » Sun May 11, 2014 11:27 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:
andrew wrote:...Nobody wants to read this immature bickering...

This x1000. And unfortunately it's permeated every active thread it seems. State your piece, agree to disagree and move on if need be. We're not ending world hunger here, we're throwing freaking frisbees for Pete's sake.


I put him on the ignore list a couple of days ago so this post is too late on my account. I agree a out the unpalatability but i do not agree at all about the futility. Because i like the availability of accurate information. Shit storms and piss ants and pissing contents about who can be even more wrong is best left at DGCR.

There is a need for a factual site. Which is why false info needs to be pointed out and countered with accurate info and the trolls exposed. Because the posts remain a new person cannot know who is a troll when they lack the knowledge to see what is correct. Which is why the proliferation of false info needs to be stopped. For the good of the sport. The whole reason of this site was initially to let people know how any disc flies so that they can gauge which onr they need. It is contrary to thst purpose to let people lie about how my discs fly when they have not seen them fly flown by me. We and the future readers do not need that.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11529
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby andrew » Mon May 12, 2014 6:22 am

The best way to approach factuality is by mutually respecting each other's subjective experiences.

You don't get to the facts by confronting opinions you deem incorrect in hopes of eliminating them- this is a public website, not an Inquisition.

The best way to eliminate trolls is by ignoring them. Arguing only encourages them.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: PPD

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JR » Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 pm

andrew wrote:The best way to approach factuality is by mutually respecting each other's subjective experiences.

You don't get to the facts by confronting opinions you deem incorrect in hopes of eliminating them- this is a public website, not an Inquisition.

The best way to eliminate trolls is by ignoring them. Arguing only encourages them.


Sorry but if somebody has a subjective experience that black is white that should not be spread around because it can lead a newbie astray.

Err how does one not get to the facts by presenting them like i did in those threads? That argument does not carry.

I agree on the ignoring part and do that as a rule after i have shone the spotlight for everyone to see that somebody is pushing false info or worse playing out his need to troll. So i have done exactly what you suggest besides laughing my head off at the feeble attempts at discrediting me. I do not take insults personally because it is not fact based so it tells more of the insulter. I only react to the threat disinformation brings and the attempts at refucing the helpfulness thus the quality of this site. I might as well divulge a meta motive in responding without detailing all the mistakes that were made. It was not only laziness in that i did not pull the rug from under him by shooting each of his arguments down. I thought it is a good exercise for you guys to learn internet reading ability and spotting a liar and how they act because the claims he made are so obvious in some cases that it flies on the face of basic dgr knowledge. An example of that is how he reacted to the existence of a plastic blend nick named driver Pro and how it influences the durability of a disc vs softer Pro blends. I leave the detective work for you guys because it was the main reason for me to omit countering much of the equestrian bull mix mash.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11529
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JTdisc » Tue May 13, 2014 5:24 am

Can we just stop please?
JTdisc
Noob
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 am
Favorite Disc: Escape

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:02 am

Nauseating, isn't it?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:58 pm

erased last post,because it wasn't rated G. :lol:
Last edited by UncleBrother2001 on Tue May 13, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Truth

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest