All quiet on the western front

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: All quiet on the western front

Postby JR » Tue May 13, 2014 5:50 pm

JTdisc wrote:Can we just stop please?

It takes vigilance to keep this place tidy. I would love to not need to participate in pointing out a difference between ignorance and malice. I have no trouble with people being ignorant but when malice is the motive i quote the reason to ban a person from DGCR overall theme. An ignorant person can learn a malicious person is willfully trying to rip things apart systematically forever. One is benign the other a cancer. So guys get a clue and do not boo the police boo the offender for crissakes. Get a clue.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Don't be fooled by this demented pinhead who's now claiming to be a peacekeeper here.

Here's a post made on May 6th by JR:

"Banhammer that guy please what a liar. Or drug addict or totally incompetent reader in any case unable to connect the dots. I am done correcting his errors. Dgcr take him back."

Liars often like to cry "liar".
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby eegor » Tue May 13, 2014 8:54 pm

So, this is a "flame war" forum without moderators?

Hmm, that could be why it's "All quiet on the western front".

Frank can't post on DGCR anymore and isn't here to administer the thorazine when needed. I miss Frank's wit and wisdom.
eegor
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby andrew » Tue May 13, 2014 9:43 pm

JR wrote:It takes vigilance to keep this place tidy. I would love to not need to participate in pointing out a difference between ignorance and malice. I have no trouble with people being ignorant but when malice is the motive i quote the reason to ban a person from DGCR overall theme. An ignorant person can learn a malicious person is willfully trying to rip things apart systematically forever. One is benign the other a cancer. So guys get a clue and do not boo the police boo the offender for crissakes. Get a clue.

JR- truth talk from someone who has enjoyed your perspective for years; try listening. You are probably the only person on this site that doesn't realize YOU are making a mess of it, with your obsessive persistence in demonstrating someone else is giving false information. Who that person is, I can't tell you, because I don't care enough to exert the effort to dissect your run-on sentence fragments. Why can't you instead remain focused and professional while discussing YOUR experiences so that the readership can judge for themselves who to believe? We actually don't need you to point out the difference between ignorance and malice, believe it or not. Surely you can't believe you are keeping this place tidy by filling multiple threads full of vitriol as you have been doing of late in an ironic attempt to liken another to cancer. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You are driving the pave-roller.

I, like everyone else, understand that there are people on here who don't know what they're talking about. I also get that they act like they know more than they do. I know these things because it's the freaking internet. But your constant attacks make me empathize with them, which is surely the opposite of your intentions.

Maybe refusing to give newbs a voice is what's ripping DGR apart. Again, try listening. (We already know you love the Coyote.)
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Okay, let's cut to the chase here. JR is hardly the peacekeeper who's trying to keep DGR at a high level, as he NOW claims in a weak attempt to salvage his credibility, which was really already lost here quite some time ago. His quote that I inserted in a post above is proof of that. There are many other examples of his insults when people don't agree with him. Challenge him on facts and he goes ballistic.

It appears that he lives in a fantasy world, and this is it. 11,000+ posts and counting. Now, strange as that is, if he would post pertinent and correct info instead of highly biased ramblings, it wouldn't be so much of a problem for this forum. But, no light gets in the black hole. He can never be wrong, and can never accept another viewpoint without "correcting errors" as he likes to put it. His errors are legion. I personally have never seen so much convoluted crap from someone on any internet setting.

As for his odd rambling posts, he needs 3 paragraphs to say what most people can say in a sentence. That demonstrates a high level of insecurity about what he himself has to say, not to mention begs the question about his intelligence level. People who struggle to form clear and cohesive thoughts, or take forever to make simple deductions, usually have cognitive problems, or some other kind of impairment. With that in mind, to then take on the false air of authority, and try and lord this "knowledge" over others, with fits of anger and attacks when disagreed with, clearly indicates a troubled mind, IMO.

And now he's comparing himself to the "police" going after "offenders". So, we have delusion in play too.

The man obviously is not well. Don't encourage him if you want any chance at restoring DGR to normalcy.
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JTdisc » Wed May 14, 2014 5:11 am

I've transitioned to using the ignore/foe list. I suggest others do as well. There's no point in arguing or responding to flame posts. Having a constructive disagreement is great but If someone goes off the deep end, don't respond, just ignore.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby inthedrift » Wed May 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Oh Blake, where art thou?
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:51 pm

inthedrift wrote:Oh Blake, where art thou?

Man I wish I would have been a member when he was around.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JR » Wed May 14, 2014 6:45 pm

andrew wrote:
JR wrote:It takes vigilance to keep this place tidy. I would love to not need to participate in pointing out a difference between ignorance and malice. I have no trouble with people being ignorant but when malice is the motive i quote the reason to ban a person from DGCR overall theme. An ignorant person can learn a malicious person is willfully trying to rip things apart systematically forever. One is benign the other a cancer. So guys get a clue and do not boo the police boo the offender for crissakes. Get a clue.

JR- truth talk from someone who has enjoyed your perspective for years; try listening. You are probably the only person on this site that doesn't realize YOU are making a mess of it, with your obsessive persistence in demonstrating someone else is giving false information. Who that person is, I can't tell you, because I don't care enough to exert the effort to dissect your run-on sentence fragments. Why can't you instead remain focused and professional while discussing YOUR experiences so that the readership can judge for themselves who to believe? We actually don't need you to point out the difference between ignorance and malice, believe it or not. Surely you can't believe you are keeping this place tidy by filling multiple threads full of vitriol as you have been doing of late in an ironic attempt to liken another to cancer. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You are driving the pave-roller.

I, like everyone else, understand that there are people on here who don't know what they're talking about. I also get that they act like they know more than they do. I know these things because it's the freaking internet. But your constant attacks make me empathize with them, which is surely the opposite of your intentions.

Maybe refusing to give newbs a voice is what's ripping DGR apart. Again, try listening. (We already know you love the Coyote.)

You missed the point. I am doing the traditinal dgr thing to trolls flaming. Maybe you should do the leg work of knowing what you talk of instead of criticizing those who have to detect a troll. We do not flame because of ignorance of the facts because this site exists to rectify that. We at dgr have historically flamed those who try to intentionally disrupt that. So you are wide off the mark in thinking i am the disruption when i am doing the traditional dgr self policing. Had you been here long enough you would realize that moderatiob has never been that active and trolls have tried often to spew their shit here and they have been marginalized consistently by the majority. Sorry Andrew but you would have noticed thar i have consistently supplied data of how things are if you had bothered to just read my posts. Instead you chose to think otherwise without checking the facts.not very clever. Maybe you should read more and not jump to conclusions without facts. That is ignorant and luckily not malicious unlike the other guy. So no probs everyone makes mistakes. What has never been tolerated here is intentional disinformation.

You mistook my intervation to horse play to be trolling. When i was anti trolling.

You should take your advice of listening. I have repeatedly written that there is no point in pointing out each falsehood that bentelbow is spewing out so i have not done that because his trolling is so painfully obvious to anyone with even basic knowledge.

What really boggles my mind is how lazy most commenters here are about bothering to check their facts and thus identify the troll. I laugh about that because you are playing right into his wishes by yapping at me in this thread so maybe you guys could follow your own advice and stop. Being the stooges of the troll. He fooled you. Shame on him once shame on you repeatedly falling for the shame double shame on you mistakenly well meaningly yapping at the wrong tree that is doing the time honored self policing. Helping the moderation team in reducing their workload.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed May 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Can we drop this thread guys i have said my piece? To you others now and the troll long ago.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:40 pm

^^^JR has a huge ego, and a fragile one, that's what's driving this, including the continued denial on his part. Now he's using the term "we" to try and cloak himself in respectability. Who exactly are the "we" he speaks of? I don't see anyone standing with him on this. I see him isolated by his own actions, and rightly so.

So, now it's a play for sympathy. Don't be fooled. Try and go about your business here and hope that your discussions don't continue to be relentlessly trolled by JR, in order to impress you with his "knowledge". Not the way it should be...one individual obnoxiously dumping on virtually every discussion here. And then getting angry when someone disagrees with him. Because that's exactly what happened, and it's not the first time.

In a previous thread a few months back, titled "Need a Tunnel Mid", I was compared to Hitler by him...right there in the thread. If interested, check it out, the thread is on page 2 of the equipment forum, look at JR's first post on page 4. Long, rambling, and excruciating, but the Hitler accusation is at the very end, in case you want to save yourself the headache of getting through the rest of the garbage in that post. Before that, a bunch of insults and arguing.

He's not going to stop. He won't admit any wrongdoing. Quite the opposite actually.

And he has the nerve to call other commenters here "lazy". Why? Because they're(you're) not doing enough to please him and aren't quick enough to accept his warped viewpoint. Twisted, isn't it?

Again, I have never seen anything quite like this in any internet forum. It's toxic to meaningful discussions and exchanges of info.

And now he's begging to stop this thread since he's "said his piece." The truth is he realizes it's turning against him. And he can't handle that. He can dish it out bigtime, but when there's blowback, he wants out...and help getting out. Don't cut this cretin any slack here, he doesn't rate it.

Good luck to anyone having to put up with this.
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Wed May 14, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby andrew » Wed May 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Yeah, we should quit this thread... but I just want to clarify that I tried to caveat in my previous post I do read JRs post when they pertain to disc golf and am aware he does consistently supply data of how things are.

I also re-read to discover Bentelbow is the troll. OMG run, run from Bentelbow, he is destroying the future of DGR. But wait, the success of DGR, which as we all know is a heavily visited site with perhaps dozens of readers, is due in part to its rich tradition of flaming trolls. Anyone criticizing this policy need look no further than the success of DGR as the pinnacle of influential websites.

Had I been here long enough (because reading since 2009 and joining in 2011 is like noob city; I can see some of my early posts by scrolling back like three pages...) I would have known that, but I'm not clever.

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:56 pm

andrew wrote:Yeah, we should quit this thread... but I just want to clarify that I tried to caveat in my previous post I do read JRs post when they pertain to disc golf and am aware he does consistently supply data of how things are.

I also re-read to discover Bentelbow is the troll. OMG run, run from Bentelbow, he is destroying the future of DGR. But wait, the success of DGR, which as we all know is a heavily visited site with perhaps dozens of readers, is due in part to its rich tradition of flaming trolls. Anyone criticizing this policy need look no further than the success of DGR as the pinnacle of influential websites.

Had I been here long enough (because reading since 2009 and joining in 2011 is like noob city; I can see some of my early posts by scrolling back like three pages...) I would have known that, but I'm not clever.

Uh, you need to read again. I've been in many discussion with another person here, where JR comes in and trolls the heck out of it. I'm sure he could set you straight in a couple PM's.

And here's an example of JR trolling the "Neutron Grip" thread, which I created:

My post:

"Any plastic is worse in extremely cold or wet weather...mincing words here."

JR's post in reply:

"Which is why you pick the tool for the work. If a tacky version of the Axis and the Tangent is made i am set all year round. So the only minced thing is your brain."

What part don't you understand, Andrew? And don't forget his other post which I quoted earlier in this thread, where he calls me a "liar" and "drug addict". Not to mention where he compared me to Hitler in a post from a few months ago. Do you need to see more? You're right, you're not very clever, Andrew. And congrats, you just laid down for JR. Are you afraid he might come after you next? Maybe we should "run, run" from you, Andrew.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Has anyone ever had those Chicken Fingers Sandwiches from Zaxby's? Man they are awesome. :D
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby andrew » Wed May 14, 2014 9:37 pm

I think the problem may be that some people on the internet don't understand satire.

andrew
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion