CE discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

CE discs

Postby TLapham » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:53 am

I've heard a lot of good stuff about CE discs, but i have never actually seen one before and I was wondering where do you get them? No one at my home course has them and aren't available to buy anywhere around here, massachussets. And are they really better than the candy plastic, because thats pretty much all i throw besides my roc and old school cobra.
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby Blake_T » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:31 am

CE discs were discontinued ~late 2002.

basically, the majority of the demand for CE discs stems from the fact that the ce valk was a better flyer than the champ valk, the early runs of teebirds were TL's, and there were a few runs of firebirds that were very stable. overall, the plastic was slightly less durable but a little bit more controllable than current champ plastic.

aside from that, a lot of it is inconsistencies. frankly, people got used to the flight of their CE discs and now champ discs fly very different from those. CE discs also varied a lot run by run, which is why certain runs, mostly 1st and 2nd draw a premium for their characteristics.

imo, they're not really worth fretting over them unless
1) you are already used to them
2) you find a decent quantity of the one(s) you want to the point where you can still be dependent upon them if you lose 1 or 2.
3) you are willing to pay a premium
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TLapham » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:19 pm

Thanks for the info, glad I came on here first. I'm a big fan of champion plastic and glad I didn't try the switch. Thanks
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Return to Equipment