x cyclone vs. d cyclone

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

x cyclone vs. d cyclone

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:45 am

Blake,
I notice you throw a d plastic cyclone. That's what I started with, but I ordered x on my last batch of discs. The x seems to have slightly different flight characteristics.

The reason i went with x was because I thought I would get more distance out of it. Should I go back to the pro d plastic?

Also, is the x plastic domier than pro D? It has been a while since I had purchased cyclones since I had a pretty good reserve.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:08 pm

length for cyclones

longest: tournament pro plastic
pro d
elite x
shortest: elite z

the x's don't glide as well as the D's. the x is more high speed stable than the D, but less controllable imo.

the x is domier than the original d's, but the current d's are domier than the x's.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

cyclone

Postby twmccoy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:46 pm

Stay away from the Z cyclone. That disc is very overstable compared to the others and doesn't glide well either.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:41 am

Thanks Blake. Think I'll order a handful of pro d's. Also, sorry for starting another cylcone thread; I just noticed there are 2 in the forum.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:40 am

Blake_T wrote:length for cyclones

longest: tournament pro plastic
pro d
elite x
shortest: elite z

the x's don't glide as well as the D's. the x is more high speed stable than the D, but less controllable imo.

the x is domier than the original d's, but the current d's are domier than the x's.

I thought you said that Discraft has never changed the Cyclone mold. aren't these changes?

So the current D Cylcones are not the same as the "original" Cyclone?

I found the X Cyclone to be the most domy.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby garublador » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:54 am

The shape and flight of a disc isn't only determined by the mold. It's also determined by several factors that change with the plastic they use. So, while all of those versions are shaped slightly differently and fly differently, they all came from the same mold.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:26 am

I do like the x cyclone after throwing it for a few months. I still have some d's coming in so that I can compare. I also want to beat one up for right turns anyway.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:02 pm

I liked x cyclones alot broken in, how ever the only cyclones left in my bag right now are my beat pro d for right turns, and my Z cyclone for a great moderately overstable fairway driver.

the reason Im not carrying the rest anymore is a new love for Sabre's, Im looking for a disc to possible replace the Z cyclone (Im going to try a hybrid, blaze or mabey just go back to the viper)
Im also beating in an S Sabre to replace the anny cyclone
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Return to Equipment