Frisbee brand golf discs?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Frisbee brand golf discs?

Postby Hadoken » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:02 am

I was in Dick's Sporting Goods today (the only place that sells discs around here) and noticed they restocked all of their disc items, they actually have alot of Innova discs and bags for the first time (mostly Beasts, Valks, Orcs, Leopards, and Avairs though..), and I saw they had separate and a 3 pack of Frisbee brand golf discs.
I'd never seen them anywhere before and I was just wondering if anyone has used any.
http://www.frisbeedisc.com/products/golf/index.html

They're actually PDGA approved and the plastic seemed more grippy and soft than DX plastic, but even in the box the stamps were already half rubbed off.
Any opinions?
Hadoken
Noob

Postby adidadg » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:30 am

I won a touchline true at a local tournament here. Not a bad midrange, the plastic reminds me of Elite-X , it has a nice grippy feel. Distance and stability wise I think it is very comparable to a Shark. It did not make it into my bag though, I much prefer my Buzzz.
adidadg

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:58 am

I have a bit of experience with the touchline true, Id put it in a spot between a d buzzz and a cobra. It was accually a pretty good disc carried it for a while. Its got quite a bit of glide and I found myself overthrowing alot with it (i would throw it like a roc, just a touch of hyzer and 70-80% power) it was very accurate left right though. it would be a good ace run disc.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:47 pm

the 3 packs are in much crappier plastic and included the bank, true, and putter.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

frisbees

Postby twmccoy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:25 pm

I found a few touchline unders, and they are OK except that they weigh from 178-183g, very heavy. They fly like a beast, fast and flippy. The cheaper plastic discs they make suck. I have never liked any of them. The good plastic discs are OK, just heavy.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to Equipment