I just have that yearning to buy something, suggestions?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:36 pm

thats a great deal for wizards, once you learn to putt with them you should find nothing better.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby presidio hills » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:36 am

sleepy wrote:Thanks, Thatdirtykid

I'm thinking of doing the '5 Wizards for $35' deal from Gateway's site. I figure that'll give me a good mix of weights/plastics to learn which I like better/worse for putting/driving/approaching.

sleepy

do it. it's the best deal around! wizards are putters you can throw off the tee, approach with, and putt with... they fly sweet! the plastic is quite stiff for the soft, medium, and hard wizards, so they feel a little funny at first... but they're such a solid disc it's worth getting to know them. they're great for practicing throwing form with putters... which is nice for driving and approaching when you're on the course. they work great for putting in pretty strong winds, too... which in my book is a HUGE plus for a putter; being able to throw it in all wind conditions.
i run on lazer beans
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:17 am

my suggestions:

1) quad shocks
2) a nice bag

discs are over-rated :P
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Solty » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:22 am

quad shocks = lifesaver
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Blake_T » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:39 am

a nice golf umbrella is priceless too.
Blake_T

Postby Fritz » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:28 am

Blake_T wrote:a nice golf umbrella is priceless too.

Water Proof Shoes that are functional and comfortable.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Hadoken » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:43 am

A bag is going to have to be my next purchase, but it seems like everytime I buy a disc I retire another one, so I keep hanging around the 3-4 mark. Sometimes I would like to have my DX Aviar instead of my Elite-Z Magnent though, and now I don't carry both.
I love my Magnent, but on my home course where every basket is on a 30 degree slope, the Aviar seemed not to run away on missed putts/ approaches.

I'm really having problems learning the X-step though, I can get the footwork right, but not the bent elbow, or I can get the bent elbow and not the footwork. :x

I'd like to say again though how helpful this site has been no matter what I was trying to learn.
Hadoken
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:48 am

sounds like your x-step is probably forcing your upper body around too early when you are trying for the bent elbow. it is pretty common, especially when learning something that is much harder to time.

my advice is to make sure that your pivot foot has hit the ground before your upper body starts moving forward.
Blake_T

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 pm

Blake_T wrote:my suggestions:

1) quad shocks
2) a nice bag

discs are over-rated :P

I probably could use some quad shocks... but that means I have to give up my sexy hand studded strap...

Its funny now that I think of it, the only Innova I carry anymroe is my bag... (damn avengers being good for everything...)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:58 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:
Its funny now that I think of it, the only Innova I carry anymroe is my bag... (damn avengers being good for everything...)

Hmmm... I only have one Discraft driver, and it is a Surge. I took out all of the other fast drivers, they were all Innova (Wraith, Orc, of various plastics).

I do have a Cheetah for downwind, as the Surge is still too fast to throw downwind if it is blowing.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Previous

Return to General Discussion