Midrange Help!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Midrange Help!

Postby Calle_SWE » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:05 pm

I am looking for a midrange that is a little more stable than the Roc and that is more durable Than the Roc , But i still want it to be an innova disc?
Calle_SWE
Noob

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:47 pm

I suggest a Pro Gremlin..easy to control, more overstable, and more durable because it is pro plastic. I love mine. :D
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby Calle_SWE » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:40 am

Okay, I think that i am going to try The Spider, seems like a nice disc..
Do they still make the Pro line gremlin?
Calle_SWE
Noob

Postby garublador » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:31 am

Calle_SWE wrote:Okay, I think that i am going to try The Spider, seems like a nice disc..
Do they still make the Pro line gremlin?

Nope. They don't make the DX anymore either.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Calle_SWE » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:27 pm

But the spider is it a nice disc? compared to a Roc how does it Fly?
Calle_SWE
Noob

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:43 am

The Spider flies very similar to the ROC it is just smaller in diameter for tighter shots. A lot of people say it is a small ROC.
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:51 am

babyshades wrote:The Spider flies very similar to the ROC it is just smaller in diameter for tighter shots. A lot of people say it is a small ROC.

There is also the Innova gator, which I almost bought, opted for a demon instead. It is very overstable though. Spider may be what you're looking for.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Texas Me » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:04 pm

If you're looking for a more overstable Roc, you should try a Z Wasp.

I really like the Spider but think its flight is more like a slower Buzzz than a Roc.
Texas Me
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Texas Me wrote:If you're looking for a more overstable Roc, you should try a Z Wasp.

I really like the Spider but think its flight is more like a slower Buzzz than a Roc.

I was gonna suggest a buzz, but he said only Innova discs.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby presidio hills » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:50 pm

you do mean more overstable than a roc don't you? since there isn't much that's more stable(ie: neutral) than a roc. i don't think a spider is more overstable than a roc. if you're a dx roc thrower, i suggest keeping newish dx rocs around for more overstable shots. a champion roc would also be exactly what you're looking for, but a little pricey. a wasp, in my opinion, is not as overstable as a new dx roc or a champ roc. gremlin's feel so good in the hand, the best in the hand for a sidearm midrange shot (imo), but you have to search on ebay these days since they aren't making them anymore ($20 or so for the proline). dave just said on the pdga board that they'll make some STAR gremlins at some point, though.
if you really want a true overstable midrange, however, the champion gator freakin' rocks. there's no other midrange like it... very overstable with little glide. it's just an awsome overstable disc that you can really get some power behind. no glide, but fast and overstable means you can still rip it hard and fly a proper midrange distance.
i definitely think there's a lack of overstable midrange... most seem to be just plain stable (wasp, roc, cobra, coyote, shark, buzz, spider... all *about* the same to me). the gator, however is definitely an overstable midrange!
i run on lazer beans
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Equipment