58%
Lightning
3%
Millennium
6%

Total votes : 33

Favorite Brand

Postby Chains » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:04 am

I'm a n00b when it comes to picking out new discs and have only had innova discs up to now (aviar,cheetah,shark,raven,xd,panther all dx).

I see that there are several brands other than Innova and I'm wondering if the others are good or crap or just personal preference.
Chains
Noob

Postby Calle_SWE » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:30 am

I throw only innova, But i like Millenium more, I Dont know why :?
Calle_SWE
Noob

Postby Lets_Throwdown » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:09 pm

I throw Innova. I have thrown other brands (Millenium, Gateway, Discraft, etc.) But i just like the feel of their plastics. The champion plastic feels really good in your hands.
Lets_Throwdown
Noob

Disc Brands

Postby svodenik » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:57 pm

I have been throwing Innova plastics since I bought my first Ace in the 80's and I always considered myself an Innova guy until about 2 years ago when they changed their plastics and Discraft started getting their X and Z plastics perfected. I find that there is a lot more consistency and grip on the new Discraft plastic. I am waiting to try the new Discwing plastic and to retry the Gateway plastics. Millenium is still good and I do not much like Lightning. Really it is all about what feels good to the individual, so try them all.
svodenik
Noob

Postby I_Like_My_Buzzz » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:25 am

Calle_SWE wrote:I throw only innova, But i like Millenium more, I Dont know why :?

Could it be that Millenium is made by Innova? :wink:

I think all the brands have a place for someone! If you are not sponsored by a disc golf company, why would you only throw one brand? I suggest try a lot of different discs/brands, and throw what you like!!!! :)

Don
Signature?
I_Like_My_Buzzz
Noob

Big Innova fan, but I respect Ching

Postby Beren » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:47 pm

I am an almost exclusive Innova thrower, but I bought a Ching Sniper off of eBay, and fell in love with it! It's too bad they aren't made anymore. I would put that disc up against any of my Rocs as far as distance, accuracy, glide and stability, and it is a much easier disc to release. Something about the way the bead is shaped on the inside curve, and the smaller diameter...

If I ever lose that disc...
Beren
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:57 pm

I_Like_My_Buzzz wrote:
Could it be that Millenium is made by Innova? :wink:

actually, from what i hear, millennium makes their own discs now. the disc molds were designed by dave d. at innova though :)

it's hard to say what a favorite manufacturer would be for me as i think all of the manufacturers have good and bad about them.

if i had to choose 1 manufacturer to throw exclusively, it would probably be innova because of the teebird and roc. however, as the innovations generally occur closely linked to one another over time, i am happy that there are several manufacturers to choose from.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby discfan » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:20 am

I would have to say that my favorite disc is the millenium JLS-flies perfectly straight for me. Better than any other disc, but I own mostly Innova, but I am trying to see how all of the different brands feel. I've only used three brands though.
discfan
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:32 pm

I think what you learned with has a lot to do with your preference. I started with a cyclone and polaris. When the candy plastic became available, I couldn't find a valkerie so I went with an xs. I hadn't even heard of gateway until I started reading the pdga board.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Supermau » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:05 am

I'm about a 65/45 split between Innova and Discraft. Between the two I've found the discs that do what I need them to do. I'm sure the other companies make good discs too but I have to stop buying at some point or I'll have enough plastic to open my own store!

I think Innova probably makes the best all-around discs. I find Discraft makes the best straight-flying and understable discs which are a must for any bag. That's the way it's worked out for me anyway.
Supermau
Noob

Postby garublador » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:12 am

Gateway makes my favorite putters, midrange discs and my favorite plastic, 'S' so I'm going with them.
garublador
Disc Whore

Return to Equipment