Disc I bought

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc I bought

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:04 pm

Hey I was browsing my local Played Again and I saw this old Teebird for $3.99. I picked it up because you can't have too many teebirds and the stamp was different. I was wondering if this disc is special in any way or the stamp is just different. I have never seen a hotstamp like this one before and that is why I ask.

Thanks guys. Also I know there is a name on it but it was at Played Again so don't jjump on me for that.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Blake_T » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:17 pm

looks like a CFR TL
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Aaron_D » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:05 pm

I know I saw this somewhere, but now I cant find it. My question is about Beasts. What is the deal with the old mold and why was it considered superior? I know you can tell which one yours are by looking at the signature or something like that, but how can you tell which ones are the new / old mold. Dont mean to hijack the thread, but I didnt want to start a whole new thread with a related question.
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:09 pm

throw them, if it flies like a slightly more stable sidewidner its a new one, if it flies like a slightly less stable orc its a old one.
I believe Some of the 2x shultz beasts are old some are new.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

discs

Postby twmccoy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:33 pm

I have never seen a stamp on a teebird like that, and I have found a couple CFR teebirds.

As for the beast, you can tell a couple ways if you have a new or old mold. The old molds are a little flatter, less dome. They also feel different on the rim and have a more angled edge, where the 2X has a smooth angle, like a sidewinder. If you still can't tell, throw them. The new mold will fly exactly like a sidewinder.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Aaron_D » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:02 pm

never thrown a sidewinder or orc :( but i really like mine whatever they are they are my longest discs...even more than my wraith or valk. so i take it the old ones are just farther flying? or are they farther and more/less stable?
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

beasts

Postby twmccoy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:33 am

The older beasts are not necessarily longer, but to me they seem faster. They also glide less and handle wind better. I am way more consistent with old beasts than new ones.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:11 pm

I dont know if theyre faster, but if youre strong enough to throw a old one well, it will be more predictable. Unless youre looking for an anny disc...
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Mini Stamp Sidewinder

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:36 pm

I traded for a 1st run mini star stamp sidewinder today and was wondering if they throw any differently than a normal sidewinder that is made now. I know that often 1st runs are different that others since they tweak the mold.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby NCSUphenom » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:37 pm

give ben budd his disc back
either that or don't play the doubles with that disc in your bag

(haha, i know you bought it used, but you should see him play. One of the best around here.)
Raleigh DG born Charlotte DG bred
NCSUphenom
Noob

Postby roadkill » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:15 pm

Frank,

Hold on to that star stamped (unless you want to give it to me) sidewinder!

I threw my friend's sidewinder (mini-star stamped) and was rather impressed because it held a nice turnover angle with lots of glide. So I ordered one and I get a second run sidewinder and it helixes (comes back) unlike the star stamped ones my friend had.

If you go on eBay the mini-star SW's are going for double the price of the other SW's.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

sidewinder

Postby twmccoy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:08 am

The first sidewinder I ever found was a star stamp, and I like it although it doesn't seem to fly any differently than others. I didn't even know what the disc was when I found it since it had no markings on the underside.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to Equipment