target?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

target?

Postby chris » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:50 pm

i want to get a target. i have looked at the instep. for me its more affordable but i don't want to get it if its not going to catch good putts or its going to fall over. any information that you can give me about the best targets will be great. thanks
chris
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:40 pm

i would suggest reading the basket reviews on the main site:
http://www.discgolfreview.com/accessories/baskets.shtml

in the price range you are looking at there are basically only a few choices.
DGA M-14, Skillshot, Discatcher Sport, Discatcher Traveller, and the InStep.

the M-14 is notorious for spits. the discatcher traveller doesn't really resemble a normal basket nor does it look durable enough to leave outside for an extended period of time.

the instep is probably the best value, but i have not personally putted on one.

i'm a big fan of the skillshot as an overall value of portability and catching ability. i disagree with some of the reviews saying that it would tip over. as long as it is on flat ground (as is the same with all portable targets), it is very stable with a low center of gravity. although the catching area is slightly smaller, the skillshot catches better than the rest of the baskets in this class.

the discatcher sport is probably the best duplicate of a "real" basket in the sub-$200 category but is also the most expensive of the bunch. the current version is much better than the early production models, and while there are still a few things that could use cleaning up, overall it is the best catcher of the all-metal designs.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment