Where To Buy Discs

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Where To Buy Discs

Postby black udder » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 am

This is a thread to list online retailers you'd recommend or local resources in areas where you can pick up plastic and what they sell.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:54 am

east coast
order from Marshall Street
wicked fast shipping
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby chris86wm » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:54 am

My top two
Online Retailers:

www.discgolfcenter.com
free shipping and VERY good prices. they also have a discount system that will give you a percentage off depending on your past orders

www.gottagogottathrow.com
good x-out prices as well as others. have to pay shipping but usually well under other online retailers prices

Local:
Play It Again Sports
the prices on their used discs (at least here) is great. $4 for any used disc. Champ, Star, DX, Z, ESP, etc you name it, in any condition 4 dollars out the door.
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby iowapat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:35 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:east coast
order from Marshall Street
wicked fast shipping

even if you're in the Midwest...still wicked fast shipping
iowapat
Tree Magnet

Postby black udder » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:24 pm

I've used and been happy with:

Marshall Street (www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com)
Disc Golf World (www.discgolfworld.com)
Disc Nation (www.discnation.com)
Disc Golf Center (www.discgolfcenter.com)

I've shopped other places, but these have the best selection, service and shipping. Disc Golf Center is hard to be with low prices and free shipping. Big perk about DG Center is you can pick your color and weight for your order online from live stock.

For local discs in Richmond, VA - Play it Again Sports, Dicks or Chris Hysell (our local pro). Only downside about Chris is he only carries discraft and he can't carry everything. He does have a good selection though and you really can't beat his prices.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:54 pm

o yea
and if you order from marshall street be sure to click on MD disc golf link and they will donate some of the sale to MD discing
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Donkeypuncher » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Discgolfvalues.com is a good site for the harder to find discs such as cfr, some ce plastic, and some special blend plastic. I've gotten an X-out SB orc, and super roc from them and there was nothing wrong except for cosmetic flaws like a black spot.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby cmrichar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Donkeypuncher wrote:Discgolfvalues.com is a good site for the harder to find discs such as cfr, some ce plastic, and some special blend plastic. I've gotten an X-out SB orc, and super roc from them and there was nothing wrong except for cosmetic flaws like a black spot.

Hey, that reminds me.. I bought a champ monster X-out from them. I got it and it had "175 CE" inside of the rim. So does that mean its actually CE plastic? I don't own any CE discs to compare it to, so I am not sure. All it had were some black flecks in the plastic.
cmrichar
Tree Magnet

Postby black udder » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:35 pm

Worm 28 wrote:
Donkeypuncher wrote:Discgolfvalues.com is a good site for the harder to find discs such as cfr, some ce plastic, and some special blend plastic. I've gotten an X-out SB orc, and super roc from them and there was nothing wrong except for cosmetic flaws like a black spot.

Hey, that reminds me.. I bought a champ monster X-out from them. I got it and it had "175 CE" inside of the rim. So does that mean its actually CE plastic? I don't own any CE discs to compare it to, so I am not sure. All it had were some black flecks in the plastic.

The original CE plastic was not transparent, so if it is, it's not "CE", just abbreviation for Champion. I could be wrong, but I thought the Monster was released after CE was discontinued (could be wrong about that though).
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Postby dgdave » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:03 pm

the monster came out durring the CE/Pro Line transition. Then came the Pro Line/Champion transition. It the missing link of plastic. very nice stuff
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby dgdave » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:07 pm

Disc Golf Monkey!!!! Nuff said! no web site yet. in the process of getting one up like the disc golf center one. out of Springfield Missouri. If any of you guys have seen the logo its awesome. Russ Burns is the owner and an awesome guy! If any of you are interested in getting some monkey gear, shoot me a pm and i'll get you his phone #
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby K-Dog 19 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:23 pm

4 words....

GottaGoGottaThrow

6 dollar flat rate no matter how many thing you buy and great proces on everything too.
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

Postby some call me...tim? » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:13 am

Nice list Mike. We should put all the sites/reviews at the top of this thread so you don't have to scroll through all the posts to see the listings. Is that something one of the admins can do, or is that up to the OP?

Edit: Hey, where'd the list go? There WAS a list there before I swear...
Last edited by some call me...tim? on Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mshelton » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:23 am

Richmond, VA

A place in Carytown called "One eyed Jacks" (board game store)

A pretty good variety of mfgrs.

Ching (looked at a JuJu, crazy feeling disc)
Discraft
Gateway
Innova of course

Not a huge selection, I talked to the owner and suggested he post fliers at some of the local parks letting people know he sold discs.

Prices were a wee bit high, $18 for a Z Buzzz but it's nice to have a dealer near.
mshelton
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The one I just lost.

Postby Seneca_22 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:37 pm

Has anyone ever ordered from the TeePad website? They have really good basket prices and I was thinking of ordering from there. Or do you guys know anywhere else that has really good prices for baskets. I think I'm going to go with that Innova pro shot? I don't know, it's the portable Innova basket with 18 chains on a single loop around $150ish.
Seneca_22
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade