Star Tee Rex

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Star Tee Rex

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon May 01, 2006 12:06 pm

Am I the only one seeing a slight similarity to a predator?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Mon May 01, 2006 12:19 pm

i think its you....my teerex is nice and beat.....and it is like a teebird-X...if there was such a thing...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon May 01, 2006 2:38 pm

I think it is just you. I can throw my teerex a lot farther than my predator. My predator also has a more predicable flight path. The teerex sometimes goes real straight for a long way, sometimes kinda straight for a long way. Predator always goes where I want it. Well close to where I want it to go.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby adidadg » Mon May 01, 2006 2:55 pm

I tried throwing a Flick for the first time this weekend, it is hands down the fastest disc I have thrown yet...By the sounds of it a teerex may be closer to a Flick than it is a predator
adidadg

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue May 02, 2006 7:18 am

I've only thrown it a handful of times. It seemed to mirror my z pred. Are you guys finding it unpredictable? It seemed very fast and overstable to me, always finishing left. I haven't tried turning it over yet. I'm actually waiting for a tattoo to heal, so I may be out for a couple of weeks.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Bradley Walker » Tue May 02, 2006 8:05 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:I I'm actually waiting for a tattoo to heal, so I may be out for a couple of weeks.

Ouch...

You ever wonder how those chicks wear pants after they get one of those "tramp stamps" or "directional arrows" tattoed above the crack of their ass?
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue May 02, 2006 8:12 am

They don't.....

I have spent more time wondering: if they didn't have the "easy" markings, how would I know who to date?

Mine is across my upper back, shoulder blade to shoulder blade, where my quadshocks usually sit.....

Yes, genius, am I....

Now I have to walk around with discs in my hand.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Tue May 02, 2006 8:13 am

A buddy gave me a flick over the weekend, and it has the shallowest rim I've ever felt. I felt like I was gripping a knife with that thing.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

flick

Postby twmccoy » Tue May 02, 2006 1:14 pm

Weebl wrote:A buddy gave me a flick over the weekend, and it has the shallowest rim I've ever felt. I felt like I was gripping a knife with that thing.

Give that thing a few throws. It takes a little while to get used to the shallow rim, but this disc is the most awesome overstable driver out there. It is the one disc I wish I had more of.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed May 03, 2006 8:48 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:They don't.....

I have spent more time wondering: if they didn't have the "easy" markings, how would I know who to date?

Mine is across my upper back, shoulder blade to shoulder blade, where my quadshocks usually sit.....

Yes, genius, am I....

Now I have to walk around with discs in my hand.

When I got my back tat I had to take two days off is all, my shirt would just rub it and the throwing motion backhand streatched the skin between my shoulder blades. Mabey you just need to take a week or two off the quad shocks, and travel light.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed May 03, 2006 8:53 am

and about the shallow rim for the flick, thats why its in my bag, its the most comfortable disc to grip for thumbers, tommys, grenades, upside down shots and the occasional forhand or hyzers I need alot of penetration. (not to mention if the ground is even remotely soft, the flick hits and dosnt bounce/roll much.

I wouldnt compare it much to a teerex though, the flick is a bit faster, and if you have the power, its less high speed overstable. I do agree they fly the same when it comes to straight line with fade somewhere between 65%-90% through the flight, If only

oh and terry: not many people loose flicks huh ;-) , mabey thats saying something.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed May 03, 2006 8:56 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:
When I got my back tat I had to take two days off is all, my shirt would just rub it and the throwing motion backhand streatched the skin between my shoulder blades. Mabey you just need to take a week or two off the quad shocks, and travel light.

Actually, I'm playing with about 3 discs that I carry in my hand. A buzz, cyclone, and alternate a super fast disc. Yesterday, I threw my esp avenger; if I can get out today, I want to try my sirious orion lf that hasn't been thrown yet.

Part of my problem is that it is not complete yet (the tat) and requires further sessions. I got the left side done, just need the right and the middle now. Why must my back be so big?!? Damn you McDonalds!

If I don't get any work done on it today, I'll get out and throw some.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment