Bag advice...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bag advice...

Postby Jestyr » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:54 pm

I just started playing a few weeks ago and I am hooked.

I had bought a package on ebay that included a Innova Starter Bag and I already want a better bag.

I read the reviews on the site and most people seem to like what they have, so they were not completely useful. The bag that seemed to be best is the Revution Team bag.... is this the general consensus? Is there is a less expensive alternative that is almost as good?
Jestyr
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:54 pm

general rule of bags = you get what you pay for.

any of the revolution and gateway bags will be a cut above all other bags on the market.

that being said, they are also a hefty investment. i would probably wait an extra few weeks and see really just how many discs you wish to carry and let things drive your purchase after that.

i've owned:
ching starter bag
innova starter bag
lightning tour special bag
lightning original bag
lightning large bag (prostyle)
lightning deluxe tour bag*
skysouth large bag
gateway weekend deluxe bag
gateway player bag*
gateway tour bag*
revolution carolina team bag*

the lightning large bag is the only bag i ever had significant problems with.

each bag marked with a star basically requires quad shocks or a backpack strap as they get really heavy so that is something to consider as a dual strap will run at least $20.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Jestyr » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:53 am

So you would go with a Gatway or a Revolution bag if price were no object. Any preferences between these?

Also, are all backpack/quad straps created equal? Is there a better brand/model out there for this?
Jestyr
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:51 am

i prefer the design on the gateway a little bit, but i like the frame a lot on the revolution.

i have written extensive reviews on both the gateway tour and the revo.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:52 am

as for backpack straps, there really are only 3.

the golf pack (sucks) ~$20
gateway g-shock ~$40
quad shock ~$40

the gateway is the most durable, the quad is the most comfortable. gateway has discontinued their old $25 backpack strap but you may still be able to find it.
Blake_T

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:51 pm

It sounds like you're saying that money is no object. So, the answer is: yes the Revolution Carolina bag is the best bag out there.

The only thing I would worry is whether you stick with disc or not. But only you can answer that question. It sounds like you are hooked.

I would go with an orange carolina edition bag (go Horns!) with the phenix quads.

I skipped lunch for months to save up for mine, and I don't regret it. If something happens to mine, I'll be skinnier again... :P
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jestyr » Mon May 01, 2006 3:50 pm

A Revolution Carolina bag was ordered! Woohoo!

Now I want to order more discs to put in it. I think I have a problem. :)
Jestyr
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue May 02, 2006 8:22 am

It's a good problem to have! You're gonna love that bag. Hell, I carry mine many times even when I'm not discing. Mine even survived a mouse attack.

The strap that comes with the bag is not bad, but if you're gonna fill it up (like we always do) definately consider the phenix quad shocks.

I made due without them until I could scrape up some more cash. In the mean time, I borrowed one of the other straps and it wasn't as comfortable.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jestyr » Tue May 02, 2006 11:40 am

I was really close to buying the quad shocks, but I figured I'd see if I could manage without for a bit. From what I can tell, I'm sure I'll be ordering them in no time.

Hopefully my bag will be here tomorrow! I may even take off work to go play for a bit (I work for myself, so I'll have to make up the time later that night... but still...!)
Jestyr
Noob

Postby Jestyr » Wed May 03, 2006 12:13 pm

I took the morning off to play golf (addict).

On my way back, I called my office asking if I had any packages. Lo and behold, I did. I stopped by to pick it up and went home (work from home today).

It is pretty cool. I got the navy/grey and a HUGE upgrade from what I had. Now, I need to get back to work to pay for it! :)
Jestyr
Noob

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Fri May 05, 2006 4:34 am

I too just ordered the Revo Carolina Bag. As my lightning bag ( which i bought off of blake a couple seasons ago) has started ripping above the pockets..One pocket is being held on with saftey pins and the other has about a two inch rip in the same spot....Must be carrying too much water during the hot summer days and too much beer during the cool summer eaves :? The lightning bag has seen many 54+ hole days though...it held up pretty well...hopefully I won't have to replace the Revo bag...Prolly not since I don't get to play but 1-2 days a week usually about 3 rounds each day....DARN NEW JOB!
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby Jestyr » Sat May 06, 2006 5:07 pm

I hope you like it -- I am very happy with mine. :)
Jestyr
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat May 06, 2006 7:31 pm

I want one too! :lol: my bags holding up ok, but something new at the end of this season will probably be needed...
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Wed May 17, 2006 1:31 pm

Got the Bag today and it is saweet...just one Question...what are the two pieces of clear corrigated plastic for? I think I know but I wanna make sure I have it put together right. Thanks

:twisted:
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Wed May 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Heh scratch that last post I found the instructions that came with it...heehee got excited!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Next

Return to Equipment