Valkyrie alternative

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Valkyrie alternative

Postby Lets_Throwdown » Mon May 02, 2005 1:23 pm

Hello guys.

I have a question for anyone that is willing to answer it for me. So, i have been throwing some Valkyries as my distance driver lately and i have been getting pretty good distance with it... at least im happy with it. But im starting to get them to turn over and they're going straight left(im a righty). I first thought that mayeb i was goofing up on my technique or something but now i dont really think so. Could you guys make any suggestions on what may be a good alternative to that. Thanks a lot.

J.P. Mayer
Lets_Throwdown
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon May 02, 2005 3:17 pm

do you throw sidearm?
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Lets_Throwdown » Mon May 02, 2005 7:18 pm

No i throw forehand and i mistyped that. I meant to say that it goes right. I'm still learning how to distinguish between the two obviously. Sorry for the confusion.
Lets_Throwdown
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 03, 2005 1:32 am

hrm, now i'm really confused :)

sidearm = forehand = turning over goes to the left.

backhand = turning over goes to the right.

do you have any estimate on your average driving distance? i have some recommendations but a lot of them are dependent upon your power level as turning discs over can be caused as much by power as by technique. if it's a power issue i have 1 set of recommendations, if it's a technique issue i have an entirely different set. these recommendations will also vary greatly if they are sidearm vs. backhand.
Blake_T

Postby Lets_Throwdown » Tue May 03, 2005 2:46 pm

Wow. I'n not too smart at all. I again messed up on what i was trying to say.... partially due to the fact i have been studying for an exam for the past few days which has been stressing me out. But anyway... i throw backhand. I'm sorry for the confusion and for me sounding like an idiot. But i can usually max out at around like 300 - 350 feet on a nice open hole. Sorry for the confusion.
Lets_Throwdown
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 03, 2005 7:54 pm

np.

basically, you are saying that you are turning it over and when it turns over it continues off to the right...

follow up questions that i should have asked earlier but didn't... what plastic valkyries? champ? dx? pro?

and what are you looking for from a different disc? more distance? more predictable flight? durability? all 3? is any 1 more important than the others?
Blake_T

Postby Lets_Throwdown » Tue May 03, 2005 8:14 pm

I have two champ valks and one dx. I have the same problem with both plastics. Being that they will turn over haveing a very fast fade to the right when i throw backhand. I'm looking for a more predictable flight pattern and if possible more distance b/c that can never be too bad. Whatever help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Lets_Throwdown
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 03, 2005 10:55 pm

well, we ended up discussing this on AIM, but here's kind of a summary...

1 step up in stability from a valk: wildcat or beast...
2 steps up = x crush, pro starfire, x talon.

the problem of turnover may be at least partly rooted in technique as valks tend to not be unbearably flippy until ~400 power.
Blake_T

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:25 am

Blake_T wrote:well, we ended up discussing this on AIM, but here's kind of a summary...

1 step up in stability from a valk: wildcat or beast...
2 steps up = x crush, pro starfire, x talon.

the problem of turnover may be at least partly rooted in technique as valks tend to not be unbearably flippy until ~400 power.

I went to a viking when my valk got too flippy. But I didn't get as much distance. I also still throw a wildcat though it has become a bit flippy for me as well.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:48 pm

z xs might be good too.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment