Discs for flattened hyzer

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Discs for flattened hyzer

Postby MeanGreen » Tue May 09, 2006 3:20 pm

I'm trying to find a good distance disc to learn how to throw a flattened hyzer. I started out with more overstable discs and learned to throw an anhyzer as my main distance shot. Having played for awhile, I would like to learn how to throw a flattened hyzer. Unfortunantly, I don't really have any discs that I can flatten. The least overstable disc in my bag right now is a KC Pro Gazelle. I can throw approximately 280 feet. Would a DX Valkyrie be a good choice to learn a flattened hyzer?

Thanks for your help.
MeanGreen
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue May 09, 2006 3:53 pm

dx valk would be good, teebirds and sabres are good too. If youre looking max D at your power level you could try pro tl's, x xl or mabey even a sidewinder/express (although those arent the best discs in the long run)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 09, 2006 3:54 pm

a dx valk may be tough to flatten with a clean throw at 280' of D (clean = flattening caused by speed and not by off-axis torque) unless it is broken in.

you'll probably learn this shot the fastest throwing putters/midranges, or much slower drivers such as a dx cobra or something understable like a dx leopard.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment