2004 Twisted Flyer CryZtal Challenger weight???

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

2004 Twisted Flyer CryZtal Challenger weight???

Postby Pagan » Thu May 11, 2006 10:14 am

I am wondering if anyone happens to know the weight of the 2004 Twisted Flyer CryZtal Challenger putters? I am considering the purchase of one but the wieght is not marked on it and the seller doesn't know either... I thought that they were 172-4 grams but I've also seen some CryZtal's on ebay with much lighter weights.

ThanX
Pagan
Last edited by Pagan on Thu May 11, 2006 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu May 11, 2006 10:18 am

I was thinking that the weights varied more than that, but a buddy of mine just told me that all crystal buzzes are between what you specified: 172-174.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby distantdg » Thu May 11, 2006 10:42 am

the buzzz's range between 173-178
distantdg
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu May 11, 2006 11:42 am

I have a couple of cryZtal challengers from different tournaments and only one is marked. They all weight between 172-174, I have never seen a cryZtal challenger weigh anything different that that.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu May 11, 2006 11:54 am

distantdg wrote:the buzzz's range between 173-178

yeah, it was supposed to say challenger, but I was just thinking that my d buzz was breaking in pretty quick as I was typing.

Good thing I was thinking about my ex wife, or I would have typed the crystal beetches.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby distantdg » Thu May 11, 2006 11:57 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:
distantdg wrote:the buzzz's range between 173-178

yeah, it was supposed to say challenger, but I was just thinking that my d buzz was breaking in pretty quick as I was typing.

Good thing I was thinking about my ex wife, or I would have typed the crystal beetches.

LOL
distantdg
Noob

Postby Pagan » Thu May 11, 2006 8:49 pm

Frank_Delicious wrote:I have a couple of cryZtal challengers from different tournaments and only one is marked. They all weight between 172-174, I have never seen a cryZtal challenger weigh anything different that that.

Do you actually use a cryZtal challenger for approaches or is it a wall hanger?
I'm only interested in one for the fact it's elite Z and durable for wodded approaches... I've been loving the banger Gt for approaches but the D material is seriously taco'd and bulging out in a couple places... I've moved to challenger as a replacement but want a Z plastic.

Anyone else use Z challengers? Got one for sale cheap? ;-)
Pagan
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu May 11, 2006 9:41 pm

I used a cryZtal Challenger for quite some time but I took it when I decided to consolidate molds in my bag. It is a very good disc, one that I want to use but I just don't like the challenger as putter. I would consider it a worthwhile investment if you liked the banger, which I also used until the flight plate was so warped it wasn't worth throwing anymore.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Pagan » Thu May 11, 2006 9:47 pm

Frank_Delicious wrote:I used a cryZtal Challenger for quite some time but I took it when I decided to consolidate molds in my bag. It is a very good disc, one that I want to use but I just don't like the challenger as putter. I would consider it a worthwhile investment if you liked the banger, which I also used until the flight plate was so warped it wasn't worth throwing anymore.

At this point I am HOPING that it's because of the Pro D plastic and that it's not a fault with Groove Top weakening the integretity of the flight plate. If that's it my Buzz GT is gona have to be replaced soon... I hope not I love the groove.
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri May 12, 2006 8:07 am

I'm liking the GT discs too even though I don't believe I'm carrying any. The banger did seem to beat up quick, and I too thought the GT may have something to do with it.

Could the groove top weaken the rigidity of the disc?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment