Revolution's new Backpack

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Revolution's new Backpack

Postby calvarycoffee » Thu May 11, 2006 11:45 pm

what do you think of this backpack?

http://www.discgolfer.com/

does anyone prefer using backpacks when playing?
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu May 11, 2006 11:55 pm

I dont see the point, for that price especially. You cant carry much more stuff in that bag than in the side pockets of most bags, and it dosnt hold as many discs. Im not sure what to think about it.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Jwt4412 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:10 am

I don't get it.

Why?

So few discs and yet so big?

Rain Gear? Is that what you would put in the top storage area?
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri May 12, 2006 7:49 am

Interesting concept. Would you store discs in the top part? I didn't look all that closely, but I didn't see any type of putter pocket. Also, was there a drink holder?

It seems like it would be good for those that carry extra gear with them.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri May 12, 2006 8:11 am

http://gdstour.com/bags/backpack.html

this has been along alittle longer. However the revo has more storage because this one stuff would go on top of your discs.
(I still like the gateway one more, but thats probably because it resembles a more traditional bag)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby jase » Fri May 12, 2006 8:52 pm

I don't see any use for the big backpacks, for me anyway. I carry 8-10 discs, a towl, a drink, and my cell phone and it fits fine in my basic innova bag. I think the backpacks would get somewhat annoying to me for always having to carry it.
jase
Noob

REVOLUTION Dual Pack

Postby dave9921 » Sat May 13, 2006 6:57 pm

If you carry a full-sized golf bag with Quadshocks, I believe it will be worth checking out the REVOLUTION Dual Pack. Even fully loaded, The Dual Pack is well balanced and wears more like a traditional backpack - meaning higher on the back with less strain on the lower back and shoulders.

Add in the waist strap and you've got a great way to dramatically reduce the strain on your body that carrying a lot of gear during a long round can impart. Although the Dual Pack has only been out for a short while, touring players like Dave Feldberg (a notorious disc hound) and Carrie Berlogar took to it immediately because of its comfort and the additional "bonus" space you get from the upper compartment.

As for specific features, the Dual Pack can carry two 32oz Nalgene-sized bottles in two mesh utility pockets with draw strings. There are two flat zipper pockets on the lower and upper compartments that could be used for putters, or one of the mess pockets could carry putters as well.

I realize the Dual Pack design, with its two distinct compartments, is new and different. It was never meant to be all things to all players. As a "boutique" manufacturer, REVOLUTION Disc Golf has the luxury of designing and producing specific products for specific players. If more and more people start to dig it, that's great. If it becomes a niche product that is perfect for some players, but too much for others, that would be great too.

As for its price, we wanted to pull out all the stops in terms of materials and features offered. The final price is very much in line with other high-end backpacks and is actually a little less than buying one of our Carolina TEAM Bags with Quadshocks.

If you get the chance, I'd highly recommend trying one on. It is very comfortable and may be just what you were looking for. If not, we offer a plethora of other incredible dg-specific bags and dual strap options to fit most any need.

Thanks,

-Dave
dave9921
Noob

Postby Jwt4412 » Sat May 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Dave,

What was the bag designed for? What was the upper compartment meeting the need for?

I am curious. I don't play tournaments.

I play everyday in the park up from my house - why would a tournament player want so much space?

Thanks for your reply.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

REVOLUTION Dual Pack

Postby dave9921 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:39 am

JW-

The REVOLUTION Dual Pack was designed for anyone wanting or needing more space and looking for a way to carry more stuff more comfortably.

Think about the guys in the pacific northwest heading out for a long round. Maybe they need a rain jacket in case the weather turns mid-round. Maybe its for the golfer heading out for a round at one of the big resort courses who needs to carry some extra food or a few more discs. Maybe its for the golfer in Texas who wants to drop a camelback- style reservoir in top to carry a couple more liters of water. Maybe its for the guy who's girlfried comes along on the round and doesn't want to carry this or that.

I've been selling disc golf bags since 1998 and routinely get asked about making a bigger bag. I have been reluctant to take that step because I strongly believe that carrying too many discs is bad for both the golfer and his bag.

However, with the proliferation of the use of dual straps, it seemed that there was an opportunity to add a second storage area that could be used to carry more gear or discs depending on the needs of the individual golfer. You're carrying the bag anyway, so why not take advantage of the space that's already there?

-Dave
dave9921
Noob

Postby Jwt4412 » Wed May 17, 2006 9:01 am

Makes sense.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Postby calvarycoffee » Thu May 18, 2006 12:09 am

dave,

what is your best selling style of bag?

dave
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby dave9921 » Thu May 18, 2006 5:43 am

Dave-

The most popular models by far are the Texas and Carolina TEAM Bags with the nod going to the Carolina Bags in terms of popularity.

Although I believe our CLUB and PRO Bags represent an incredible value at their price, the TEAM Bags are really the bags that people associate with the REVOLUTION brand.

Thanks,

-Dave
dave9921
Noob

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Thu May 18, 2006 7:10 am

Dave- Got my bag yesterday and tested it out...It's great. I am kind of dissapointed I didn't get a chance to get the new frame in my bag since I JUST ordered it and I noticed the price is only $5 more for the bag with the new frame...I would've gladly paid the extra $5 for the new frame with the bag. Love the bag though.

:twisted:
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Return to Equipment