Postby Solty » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:30 pm

Smyith wrote:
krusen wrote:Irish Car Bombs

thats the good stuff right there!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:04 am

I prefer the amber for mixing with guiness. It is less wine-like to me. I bought out their entire stock.

Is an Irish car bomb the same as a Belfast bomber?

Half an ounce of Bailey's/half an ounce of irish whiskey in a shot glat, dropped into a pint of guiness?

I love those.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:13 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:Is an Irish car bomb the same as a Belfast bomber?

Yep, same thing. If you want to be picky, I believe Jameson's is the preferred whiskey.

I ordered one as my first drink at the pub on St. Patty's day, and the waitress served it to me quite warm! Each ingredient was warmer than the next. It took her forever to bring them to our table, so I guess I shouldn't have been suprised, but it was disgusting. :x

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby krusen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:32 am

sleepy wrote:
TexasOutlaw wrote:Is an Irish car bomb the same as a Belfast bomber?

Yep, same thing. If you want to be picky, I believe Jameson's is the preferred whiskey.

I ordered one as my first drink at the pub on St. Patty's day, and the waitress served it to me quite warm! Each ingredient was warmer than the next. It took her forever to bring them to our table, so I guess I shouldn't have been suprised, but it was disgusting. :x
sleepy

I flew into Denver on Friday to snowboard and hang with some friends.
I believe my count on St. Paddy's day was 3 Irish car bombs, 4 black & tans and two shot of Jager.
Then we got up at 6 am to drive up to the mountain.
:roll:
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:49 am

I am having more and more trouble separating the pale from the guiness when I use a bottle; it's just harder to control the flow.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Smyith » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:03 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:I am having more and more trouble separating the pale from the guiness when I use a bottle; it's just harder to control the flow.

I have the same problems with the bottles. the cans however are much easier for some reason to pour it poperly <shrug>. i have no idea why it is but it doesn't matter cause i think that the cans taste better then the bottles (thats rare for me). now if only i could afford to make my own little tap station and have nothing but good beer tasting the way it should.
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:39 am

I agree on the cans, but here the bottles are way cheaper! I had this idea though I haven't done it yet. Y'all know those bottles they have soy sauce in Chinese Restaurants? That would yeild a very slow pour.

I know in bars, they have the tap set so they can get a very slow trickle.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bigs348 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:10 am

I've had no problems with cans or bottles pouring. Just pour over an upside down spoon (unless you own one of those bartended special spoons) and it slows it down and spreads it across the surface area sufficiently to stay separated. I do prefer cans though, maybe because the beer glasses that I have fit a 12 oz. Bass and a 14 oz. Guiness perfectly. :) Plus, the Guiness bottles are only like 11.2 oz. What's with that?

Anyway, here is a link to a site talking about Black and Tans:
http://www.ivo.se/guinness/bnt.html

They pretty much agree with what I always thought, that a Black and Tan was Bass and Guiness, and that a Half and Half was Harp and Guiness. Interestingly enough, they say in Ireland they use Smithwicks and Guiness and mix it all together.

Mmmm. beer. Less than an hour 'til noon...
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:32 pm

I think it's the same site somebody posted; still a good site though. In San Antonio, I noticed they were using Smindicks, which I'd never heard of, but I liked it.

The Guiness Daught in the bottle I believe is 12 oz; I'll double check when I get home. The bottle seems to gush out though, regardless of the spoon (I have one from a bar and one I made). I can't get it to trickle like I can the can.

The reason I asked about creative ways to separate the beers is that I remember a bartender using a cherry to separate the beers. Of course, I cant do that since my cherries have everclear in them.

My gf has taking a liking to the woodchuch stuff that I purchased; I may have to see if I can talk the store into keeping them in stock for us.

Oh I tried this: San Miguel and Guiness was pretty good. If you've never had a San Miguel, try one first without mixing it.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jHarr » Wed May 10, 2006 2:05 pm

this is the menu from the home watering hole (but we're livin away for awhile)
thought I'd paste it up to throw some western flava into the thread
my faves are mirrorpond and full sail pale, but I like pales alot
jHarr
Noob

Postby krusen » Thu May 11, 2006 10:00 am

I've had Morrorpond before...great stuff.
I went to southwest Iowa with the GF over Easter. I was pleasantly surprised to find that New Belgium distributes to there. I brough some Sunshine, Fat Tire, and Blue Paddle home with me. Also tried Skinny Dip for the first time....good stuff.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu May 11, 2006 10:33 am

Must....

....try........

.......beers.......
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Rooster » Fri May 12, 2006 12:39 pm

any and all of the Bells beers are great. try the wheat series, all of them are awesome especially "wheat love ale". of course Oberon durring the summer is the best thing since sliced bread.

seira nevada porter is good too.

love becks and red stripe......

if im on the cheap its gonna be miller lite......the ol' standby!
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Fri May 12, 2006 8:53 pm

I am not really impressed with the Oberon this season...Seems kinda bland and tasteless...even though I am enjoying one right now....just doesn't have the kick it it did...not to mention nothing left on the bottom of the bottle like other Oberon. Just my 2.

:twisted:
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby redspexxx » Thu May 18, 2006 8:51 am

redstripe is a great summer beer, very spicy
i really enjoy sam adams cream stout, like a black lager, but a very distinct taste.
olde town is our local beer in huntsville, AL, they go through cycles. the amber is great, but the heffe is not so much(has an aftertaste like hotdogs and cigarette ash)
for all you black and tan fans, try a guiness and blue moon, black moon, if you will
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.