disc golf carts

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

disc golf carts

Postby Will » Thu May 11, 2006 4:51 pm

anyone have any cheap plans on how to make the ultimate cart????

post your pics and ideas if you have anything, all help is appreciated...
I finally figured out how to putt!! Then I forgot again...
Will
Tree Magnet

Postby calvarycoffee » Thu May 11, 2006 11:39 pm

i've seen a guy use a ball golf pull cart for his discs.

at the bottom was a cooler (beer probably) to keep it from being top heavy.

He had a rubbermaid box (huge) bungied on it - at waist height. he had to have been carrying 100 discs with him on the course.

that was pretty over the top, it gave me a good chuckle. (pass the beer please!)

dave
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby sleepy » Fri May 12, 2006 7:27 am

Nearly all the guys playing in the Masters division (and a good number of pros/AM1's, actually) in this area use ball-golf pull carts. Most of them use two rubbermaid or other hinged-lid boxes...one at the top of the cart near the handle for discs, one at the bottom for rain gear, beer, utilities, etc. Some of them are a little different...one guy has what looks like a series of sleeves going down the cart that each hold one disc, one guy has some type of big pvc frame that each disc slides into vertically...it's like he just attached a larger version of an internal bag frame.

They can get pretty elaborate. One pro has a slot for his broom to clear off the teepads, another guy has an umbrella holder...but my favorite is the guy that pushes one of the three-wheeled baby jogging strollers! I used to think it was wierd until we backed up during a slow tourney...and he just sat down in the seat and reclined!! :D

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri May 12, 2006 8:04 am

I almost went with a cart when I purchased my revolution bag. What sueded me was watching my friend push a baby stroller with discs up a hill while I jogged past him. He seems to be hustling more than I was.

I got thinking that many of the courses that I play are not cart friendly and my local isnt long enough to justify a cart. Still, I find them very cool, especially if you utilise a cooler.

On of the guys down here has one of those new style folding chairs bungied to his cart, so that he can unhook some clips and sit while others are throwing.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri May 12, 2006 8:10 am

sleepy wrote:
They can get pretty elaborate. One pro has a slot for his broom to clear off the teepads, another guy has an umbrella holder...but my favorite is the guy that pushes one of the three-wheeled baby jogging strollers! I used to think it was wierd until we backed up during a slow tourney...and he just sat down in the seat and reclined!! :D

sleepy

thats the most common "golf cart" I see. Except theirs come whiney kid included :? ...

you know once the are we done yets start before hole 3 its going to be a long round (by hole 3 isnt an exxagoration. hole 1 tee right near playrground, then down a hill and back up for hole two, ooo playground we must be done already!)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby jase » Fri May 12, 2006 8:55 pm

sleepy wrote:Nearly all the guys playing in the Masters division (and a good number of pros/AM1's, actually) in this area use ball-golf pull carts. Most of them use two rubbermaid or other hinged-lid boxes...one at the top of the cart near the handle for discs, one at the bottom for rain gear, beer, utilities, etc. Some of them are a little different...one guy has what looks like a series of sleeves going down the cart that each hold one disc, one guy has some type of big pvc frame that each disc slides into vertically...it's like he just attached a larger version of an internal bag frame.

That is a sweet idea. My friend has a couple of old push carts. I'm gonna see if he wants to make one tomorrow. Even if we don't use it that much, it'd be kickass to make.

sleepy
jase
Noob

Postby Will » Sat May 13, 2006 4:24 pm

thank you for all the replies!

I have the innova delux bag but it doesnt hold everything i want which is why im looking into designing a cart.

still if you guys have any pictures id greatly appreciate it so I can have some sort of visual idea. Thanks again, you guys really are a great help.

-will-
Will
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sat May 13, 2006 4:28 pm

there's plenty of bags out there that have substantial additional storage vs. the innova deluxe bag... may want to explore one of those before you are $100+ deep into a cart.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Will » Sat May 13, 2006 5:46 pm

yah blake i thought about that, but the revolution and others are already 100+. I really wanna wait til the new innova tour bag comes out, but we'll see what happens.

i guess ill take your advise and explore my options, i just like the idea of not having that weight on my shoulders.

thanks for your input though, always appreciated
Will
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sat May 13, 2006 5:58 pm

i would stay away from the innova tour bag.

3 diff manufacturers and still had rip problems = maybe they should change the design. i'd be willing to wager the next tour bag will have the same rip problems.

there are cheaper revo bags under $100 as well as gateway bags that are under $100 as well.
Blake_T

Postby Warlord » Sat May 13, 2006 6:01 pm

Is this what you had in mind?

Get the whole thing....cart and bag....or get the bag itself to put on your own pull cart. I couldn't get the short url to work, but search ebay for wallaby disc golf cart and you should find it.
Warlord
Noob

Postby Will » Sat May 13, 2006 6:09 pm

something like that but i was thinking using rubbermaids so i can seperate everything, but idk yet. I guess i have to explore my options

thanks warlord for your input, that doesnt look like a bad contraption.

-will-
Will
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sat May 13, 2006 6:09 pm

skysouth used to make that bag, and i believe the guy that did the cart mods was from texas (i have corresponded with him before)

the upside is that they look nice, the downside is that they do not solve the storage problem.

most of the cart designs with significant storage use either wire baskets or mini plastic file cabinets. the downside of these is that they aren't very well balanced, take up a ton of space, don't double as a stool, and aren't very durable.
Blake_T

Postby Rooster » Thu May 18, 2006 10:57 am

i just picked up a cart today and am currently modding it to be the ultimate DG cart. im not sure if i should just mount my bag on the cart or get a box. but the things im putting on for sure are a cooler at the bottom, a cup holder don't wanna spill my beer(or water, but most likely beer) by setting it on the ground when i throw, a slot for a fold up chair, and small box for supplies(sharpie, rags, sunglasses). it's already got a score card holder and slots for my pencils. its gonna be BA. its really not that expensive either, the cart was 15 bucks a box is 12. so if yu really got into it it would only be a max of 50ish.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Pagan » Thu May 18, 2006 12:20 pm

Post a pic of it wen done I was thinking about making one for my wife. She doesnt like carrying her bag around but maybee a light cart would work...

Pagan
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Next

Return to Equipment