turnover mid disc replacement advice? Breeze, Sidewinder?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

turnover mid disc replacement advice? Breeze, Sidewinder?

Postby rjlatherow » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:17 pm

Hello all-

I've been playing for about a year - not so good yet, but I have fun. I recently lost a faithful disc and I'm trying to figure out how best to replace it.

About 8 months ago I found a beat up 150 DX leopord in the bushes on my home course. Turned right like a dream , with a bit of left fade at the end that made it perfect for a few holes I frequently played. It would charge right, then fade and stop flat. These holes aren't long - around 150ft -

I've had other turnover discs -stratus, cobra - and they never worked as predictably as this old leapord. I borrowed my 5 year old daughters new 150 leapord, but it isn't the same.

Anyone have any advice? What about these new discs- breeze and sidewinder? would they work out for me?

Thanks-
-rj
rjlatherow
Noob

Postby jimmythegroundhog » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:29 pm

I have found the ELEMENT doing just as you discribed. When I throw it just nice and easy, not trying to kill it, the ELEMENT is perfect.
jimmythegroundhog
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:18 pm

the element may be a bit long for 150'... but i consider the leopard to be long for that as well. the stratus will hold a right turn at most distances but it too is probably a bit long/fast.

the old ching stinger, innova XD, and z breeze are probably the closest discs that will hold a right turn over a short flight without being "too long" for that type of shot.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

!!

Postby DiscinDeadHead » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:44 am

Throw forehand with a stable middriver like either a Blaze or a Sabre.
Chris Boro
~Team GDS~
DiscinDeadHead
Noob

Breeze

Postby gabrielboys » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:15 am

I just picked up a Breeze last week. I basically was looking for a disc in between my Buzz which I can turnover easily, but sometimes it goes too long, and my Champion Rhyno which was coming up a little short on some shots. The Breeze fits the bill perfectly, really really easy to control and turn over, as wel as shoot straight. For a little more distance I use the coyote, also a sweet disc.

Gabe
gabrielboys
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:53 pm

My z glide turns over great. It is more driver like with respect to distance.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment