Guitars

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Guitars

Postby Glock23 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:55 am

It sounds like there are several guitarists that frequent DGR, so figured I would pose a few questions.

What is your favorite guitar(s) you have ever owned?
What is your dream guitar? Price is no option.

I have played and sold guitars for years. I would say I have probably owned about 200-250 electrics personally. All of the guitars I have owned have been very high quality, but I wanted to list the ones that were special to me. In the last 1-2 years I have developed a genetic condition with my hands that has taken away my ability to play, which sucks. But I still have a passion for great guitarists and well built guitars.

Here is my list:
Favorite owned.
1972 Gibson SG Standard - She was beat, bruised and worn, but had probably the best feel of any guitar I have ever handled.
1994 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion - A very nice Hollowbody
1960's Baldwin Split Sound - Very Unique, great sound options, was awesome for blues riffs
1990's Jackson USA Shannon Soloist SL1 Custom Shop - Hand signed by the creater of the soloist once it was completed in the shop. Just a perfect lead/metal guitar.
1992 Hamer Diablo Aztec Gold - One of the best tones and sustain I have ever gotten from a guitar, and she looked amazing.

Dream Guitar:
Even though it isn't the most expensive guitar. I would love to have a vintage Neckthrough Supreme Mockingbird or Eagle By BC Rich. Back when Bernie Rico Sr was building them. His choice of woods and unique style has always impressed me.

Wow, this turned into a longer post than I had planned. Sorry! Please post your thoughts.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby Blake_T » Mon May 15, 2006 6:42 pm

hrm, favorite guitars i've owned (have owned about 30)...
1994 american deluxe plus strat
1999 gibson sg standard
1994 gibson les paul studio (weighed over 13 lbs)

dream guitars
2000 class 5 custom shop les paul (yah, i don't really reach for the sky on this one)
early 70's fender electric 12

i'm usually equally concerned with finding the perfect pickups and perfect amp.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby coologrego » Fri May 26, 2006 1:37 pm

my favorite ownd would have to be my '71 telecaster

my dream guitar is any Gibson Les Paul.
coologrego
Noob

Postby jHarr » Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 pm

I'm not a guitar guy but the same topic is currently on the ski forum I check out- if nothing else its a bunch of guitar pics...
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54540
jHarr
Noob

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.