DX teebird versions

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DX teebird versions

Postby Bradley Walker » Sat May 13, 2006 7:21 pm

Have there been different versions of the DX teebird?
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Solty » Sat May 13, 2006 7:35 pm

from my expierince w/ DX tbs....they are all just about the same. no differences except stamps..
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Blake_T » Sat May 13, 2006 8:24 pm

slight durability differences.

the gummy/soft ones were almost all overweight (as was every dx disc) and had a little more rim mass % but this was small. this was probably the worst blend as it would tear chunks off if you landed on a twig.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Weebl » Mon May 15, 2006 7:52 am

Also due to weather conditions during molding, some are domier than others and other subtle variations. I don't believe they've molded, say, a TL in DX and stamped it regular TeeBird.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Bradley Walker » Tue May 16, 2006 6:56 am

What a differnce a little heyser makes.

I was throwing both DX Eagles and Teebirds into a stiff breeze last night. If you throw them flat and hard they turn over, but if you add a little heyser they flatten out and bore right through the wind.

Very cool. Thanks Blake.

BTW the new DX plastic used in the new Wraith is the best plstic since pro cyclone plastic. Sticky, hard, and great glide. Oh, and cheap, too. I called Innova and told then to do the Teebird after the TeeRex.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 16, 2006 7:41 am

starfire x in dx would own :P

would be like teebird 2.0.
Blake_T

Postby bigs348 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:55 am

I've been saying the same thing, Blake. Although I would love to try a Tee-Rex in DX to see how I could break it in and what it would do, a DX Starfire-X would just be money. It would finally be the long super-Teebird that everyone always wants. Man, a flattened hyzer with a gently beat DX SFX...
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby bigs348 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:56 am

Btw, is anyone else surprised that Innova didn't market the Starfire off the Teebird? Maybe it's just not what they intended.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Bradley Walker » Tue May 16, 2006 11:25 am

Starfire X in DX? Why not tell them? Whta does the wing look like?

I got an idea, why don't we do a Discgolfreview.com stamp DX Teerex?

We only need an order of 50, and Innova is setting up to run special stamps and tourneys right now. I bet we could sell 50 no problem. I could sell 10 to just my friends.

We could all sign up.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby bigs348 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:39 am

that's a damn fine idea. i'm in.
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 16, 2006 8:10 pm

bigs348 wrote:Btw, is anyone else surprised that Innova didn't market the Starfire off the Teebird? Maybe it's just not what they intended.

heh, they kind of did... pushed it as their new "flagship" in 2003 when it came out. not letting it hit standard production until 2006 is the best way to kill buzz about a disc.

Starfire X in DX? Why not tell them? Whta does the wing look like?

take a teebird wing into photoshop. use a free scale and stretch it out from 1.5cm to 2.1cm. use another scale to flatten it about 2mm while keeping the width the same. bam, you have a starfire-x rim.

I got an idea, why don't we do a Discgolfreview.com stamp DX Teerex?

if you are willing to front the money and handle the sales and just mail me a check for the profits, sure :P

a few months ago i almost did a run of 100-200 DGR minis that would have been ~$3 ppd and did a survey on it, but the results were kind of underwhelming and it didn't look like it would be worth the $0.50 per mini i would have made.[/quote]
Blake_T

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue May 16, 2006 8:58 pm

i know it takes more $ but if you decided to try to market a disc you reccomend up and down the forums, I bet you could sell a bit. I would be more likey to buy, I will always need new discs, but one mini will last a while.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 16, 2006 9:36 pm

you'd be surprised. if it wasn't a roc/wizard it would be tough to swing and it'd be slow moving.

if i could take pre-orders with up front payment i suppose i might do it :)

i'd be selective on the stuff i'd run though.

if they still made big bead aviars it'd be easier :P

with an innova 100 order i'd be looking at like 80 rocs, 20 teebirds.
Blake_T

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed May 17, 2006 7:58 am

and I wouldnt throw any of them ;-) would probably pass a couple on though.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Jestyr » Wed May 17, 2006 8:07 am

I think the idea that Bradley was suggesting was that if you did a DX run of a disc not normally made in DX, then you'd have a very special disc indeed.

Now, given the high thoughts this board (and people in general) have of the teebird and the dx plastic, a DX starfire X would be a very sexy disc for many. I am willing to bet a few people order more than one, because it is such a rare disc.

Also, you shouldn't be afraid to charge more than the standard $7-8. I don't think anyone here would complain if you charged more, given they are unable to get such a disc anywhere else.

Hell, if your boss at gggt was cool with it, you could even sell it on his website/store for a small piece of the profit.

As for the mini idea, I am not surprised your response was underwhelming. It is not the kind of thing a person needs or even wants multiples of. Realistically, how many would a person need after their first? I got one from my order from gggt and considered throwing it out as it is something I really don't need. I did not throw it out, but will give it away to the first person who needs a mini.
Jestyr
Noob

Next

Return to Equipment