New DX

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New DX

Postby Bradley Walker » Tue May 16, 2006 7:13 am

I picked up a new DX Wraith just to try the plastic, since it is the new stuff. The is the best plastic to come around the pike in years and years. More in line with the good Cyclone plastic (which is still the best plastic ever).

Sticky, hard, stiff, tough (well tougher than old DX---maybe tougher than pro) and appears to mold well (so the discs will be truer like CE and Star).

I also love the Gobllin plastic (which has not one single ding yet). Which is like a tackier version of the same.

There will be no need for me to buy anything other than DX in the future with this stuff.

I called Innova and told then to hurry the hell up, and run my discs.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby bigs348 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:58 am

Seriously, the only reason I carry any premium plastic is because they don't make the molds I like in DX. The new stuff is friggin' sweet though. I think when they release the Teebird in the new DX, I might be switching from my TLs.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Re: New DX

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 16, 2006 8:18 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:There will be no need for me to buy anything other than DX in the future with this stuff.

heh.

read my rant about boutique discs again and then break out the credit card :P
i'd be looking at ~25 of each.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Weebl » Tue May 16, 2006 11:09 pm

bigs348 wrote:Seriously, the only reason I carry any premium plastic is because they don't make the molds I like in DX. The new stuff is friggin' sweet though. I think when they release the Teebird in the new DX, I might be switching from my TLs.
For me a worn in DX Teebird flies truer and longer than a TL.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bigs348 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:04 am

I'd be inclined to agree with you that they are truer fliers, although the Star TLs are friggin sweet and I get better distance with them (I also like to throw hyzer flips with some S-curve, which TLs are much better at.) But with a Teebird in the new DX, I would consider switching over -- I like the feel of that plastic better that anything else and I'm getting to a point in my game where high speed stability is becoming more important to me. Teebirds and Starfire-Xs in the new DX and I'd say my TLs and my Wraiths would come right out.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby discmonkey42 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:23 am

Uh oh, I might be the only goofball that likes the old DX better. I know there is a durability issue, but I have a wraith in the new dx and I have a teebird in the old. I like the feel of the teebird a lot more. The wraith is just too hard for me. But then again, I'm not a fan of KC plastic either because of how hard it is.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Return to Equipment