Low Profile Putters

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Low Profile Putters

Postby CincyKeith » Fri May 19, 2006 9:25 am

Blake, I was reviewing a post you made on the PDGA board nearly a year ago (it took a long time to find it) about the characteristics of many of the top putters being manufactured, or at least the noteworthy ones.

Anyway, a couple of the low profile putters you immediately tossed aside because of their non-existant glide...the rhyno and the bulldog (which I don't know whether or not is low profile since I've never held one). Then you sorted out the putters based on being slow and accurate, thus eliminating another low profile putter....the classic roc.

Anyways, my question stems from a problem I seem to have with my current putter, the wizard. I have small hands, and I notice that I have a flutter problem on my drives. I'm not sure if it is because of the bead or because of the size of the wizard, but it causes quite a bit of unpredictability. I don't seem to have this fluttering problem with my classic roc.

Now for the question....Which low profile putter has the best characteristics? I read once that you suggest picking a putter with the best characteristics and learning from that.....but unfortunately, the wizard isn't working for me (even though it's probably more my fault than the putters fault). And does the classic roc really possess enough qualities to consider it a putter?
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Fri May 19, 2006 5:21 pm

my honest advice is to experiment with grips (both grip type and grip strength) until you can throw the wizard without flutter.

the bulldog is taller profile but is substantially low speed overstable. the rhyno fails for the same reason.

the "best" low profile putters are the classic roc and #2 upshot. honestly, the #2 upshot is probably a bit better of a disc, and who knows, you could probably land a lightning sponsorship if you cashed in a tournament with it :P jk.

i have tiny hands. brad hammock (5'2") has smaller hands than i do and he doesn't seem to have a problem with aviar depth.

Which low profile putter has the best characteristics? I read once that you suggest picking a putter with the best characteristics and learning from that

answers: all low profile putters on the market get stomped by the taller profile putters in terms of characteristics. that being said, it sums up the other part of the line i've quoted. part of that philosophy of learning the "best" putter is to do things like experiment to get rid of the flutter.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment