disc golf carts

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Rooster » Fri May 19, 2006 11:45 am

update on my cart. got the box mounted. i had no idea i could fit so many discs in that box(22 all lined up!!). i have a metal basket on the bottom for the cooler but that has to come off cuz with it on my car's trunk wont close all the way and the cart itself wont fold completely. i gotta come up with something to hold the cooler in that will allow my cart to fold and my trunk to close.... the mini box for supplies will be mounted today along with the cupholder....my cousin and i were tossing around the idea of selling these things any thoughts on that?
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Will » Fri May 19, 2006 1:03 pm

youd prolly have to sell them for a fortune just to make even if you deceided to sell them, just my $.o2 on that though.

post a pic of your final copy if its up and running, were anxious to see :D
I finally figured out how to putt!! Then I forgot again...
Will
Tree Magnet

Postby Woodchuck » Fri May 19, 2006 2:28 pm

It probably woudn't be worth the effort. There really isn't much demand for disc golf carts. Now when or if the sport gets bigger than demand would increase. They would also be a real pain to ship i would think too.
Woodchuck
Noob

Postby Rooster » Fri May 19, 2006 7:45 pm

well i guess ill give away my trade secret, these things take an hour or two to build once you know what your doing and only cost a max of 50 bucks to build. my cousin and i each made one mine holds 22 discs, a cooler and a fold up chair. my cousins holds, get this, 40 discs!!!, a cooler, and a chair. sell em for 75, as im not really looking for profit. shipping would be whatever it costs. once i get the thing as rigid as i want it, and painted, ill post up some pics. BTW, how do you post pics??
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Fri May 19, 2006 11:04 pm

it's hard to sell a lot of carts as they are relatively static demand items and will only appeal to a fraction of golfers.

add the cost of shipping and they get rather pricey.

btw, if you could make one that breaks down easily and has something to sit on built into it, i'd be interested in one.

there was a local golfer that used to build them for ~$120 but rubbermaid discontinued the base he was using (it doubled as a stool). it was basically the size of a mid-small cooler and the handle came off of it (it had an umbrella holder).
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Rooster » Sat May 20, 2006 10:09 pm

i'll see what i can come up with, im sure a seat and easy breakdown are possible....
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jase » Sat May 20, 2006 10:30 pm

Rooster wrote:BTW, how do you post pics??

To post a picture:
1. Save it on your computer
2. Go to www.putfile.com
3. Upload picture(s)
4. Copy the code they give you
5. Paste it and post it here
jase
Noob

Previous

Return to Equipment