Element, Element X, Buzzz, Wasp, Roc

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby kling » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Smacked my dx roc against a tree today. Didn't taco on me but the edge got bent. Will try to bend it back in to shape later I think.
kling
Noob

Postby Weebl » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:37 am

That's one hit closer to a butter Roc.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby kling » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:35 am

:D
kling
Noob

Postby bigs348 » Thu May 18, 2006 9:03 pm

So I know it's been said many times before, but I just need to talk about the Buzzz. This really is the straightest thing I've ever thrown and it still amazes me everytime I throw it.

I have a 174 Z-Buzzz that is just money, money, money. I've only been using it for about a month, but its seen a lot of use and has quickly become my go-to disc. I play mostly on long wooded courses with lots of tunnel shots and being able to throw dead straight has shaved strokes and strokes off of my scores. I also have a 170-172 D-Buzzz and this has become a great turnover disc. It was breaking in slowly until I nailed a tree about an inch thick that basically folded it. Now its perfect. I really like the soft feel of the D plastic, too -- this is my first introduction to Pro D.

One thing I noticed about the Z-Buzzz is that it doesn't matter how much height is on it. I can throw this about 320' 6 feet off the ground on a dead straight line. With a hyzer line or an S-curve with more height, it goes basically the same distance if not shorter. Definitely a true flyer, decently speedy and for once lives up to a manufacturers promise of "straight." I tried Rocs -- I liked the flight and I liked beating them up, and I know why so many people throw them, but I never liked the feel of the bead in my hand. I own a ton of Rocs, but I found it interesting when I took my CFR Champ Roc and compared it. It looks basically exactly the same as my Z-Buzzz (same color, too), but with the big ole bead that I don't like the feel of. To each his own, but I love myself a Buzzz.

Oh, the Buzzz also broke through my irritational only-throw-Innova phase, and I'm more than happy about that.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Weebl » Thu May 18, 2006 10:56 pm

For me to get big D with a Buzzz I needed to do a slight annie for 90% of it's flight and a fade at the end, usually ending up 350-380 but any other line and it was noticeably shorter. I like my Rocs for the reason that I get my max distance with them on straight lines (excluding my champ Roc, that thing needs a flex like the buzzz) and they battle wind better for me. I can see how someone likes buzzzs so much though, infact I turned a few friends onto them who are rec going onto AM II who love them. I still have never held an element... one day maybe.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri May 19, 2006 9:37 am

my longest tosses w/ a buzzz were longer than my longest tosses with an orc. w/ a left right tailwind, I was able to throw my 177 X buzzz on a really high anny over 425'. I loved X buzzz's If I go back to them I think I will be buying a bunch of x buzzz's ;-) Oh and theyre more consistantly straighter than Z buzzz's for me, must be the altitude :roll:
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Millennium Quantum Aurora MS

Postby soaresjo » Sat May 20, 2006 1:38 pm

How would you compare the the discs mentioned in this thread to the Millennium Quantum Aurora MS? A friend of mine recently bought one and I am not sure what I think of it compared to a disc like the buzzz or roc.
-john
The Shark Loves Free Slurpees!
soaresjo
Noob

Postby Weebl » Sun May 21, 2006 12:07 pm

The Aurora MS is flippier, lots of glide, little fade. Very similar to a beat Roc... :P Whereas a Roc/Wasp/Buzzz will be very stable/overstable when new but beat in to have similar flight characteristics (with D/DX plastic at least)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun May 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Ive been working on my S element x trying to get it broken in (its the only mid ive thrown for a couple weeks, lots of knife hyzers and such) and its still pretty darn overstable for a mid. Has anyone broken one of these in?

Really what I want to know is do they ever get the amount of glide a seasoned roc has?

And for the record I will never complain that S plastic is too durable ;-) I think its the overall best plastic out there.
Last edited by Thatdirtykid on Tue May 30, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Blake_T » Sun May 21, 2006 2:57 pm

the Q ms is more like a flippier champion shark.

it's an example of one of those discs that's flippy in standard plastic but fairly stable in champion... read as: it's stable because of plastic and not because of rim design.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Dirty Kid

Postby Denver Discer » Mon May 22, 2006 1:04 pm

Did you ever get a medius??? It is a turd :) So I have one for cheap if you want to check it out ;) Pretty understable right out of the box......

Peace
Scott
Denver Discer
Tree Magnet

Re: Dirty Kid

Postby Zmirc » Mon May 22, 2006 3:04 pm

Denver Discer wrote:Did you ever get a medius??? It is a turd :) So I have one for cheap if you want to check it out ;) Pretty understable right out of the box......

Peace
Scott

I've found the Medius to be a tad more overstable than my flat Buzzzes, which means slightly overstable on shots around 300 feet. I would probably throw it if I didn't like the Buzzz the way I do.
I took a Buzzz to Baton Rogue.
Zmirc
Noob

Postby garublador » Tue May 23, 2006 8:20 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:Ive been working on my S element S trying to get it broken in (its the only mid ive thrown for a couple weeks, lots of knife hyzers and such) and its still pretty darn overstable for a mid. Has anyone broken one of these in?

Really what I want to know is do they ever get the amount of glide a seasoned roc has?

And for the record I will never complain that S plastic is too durable ;-) I think its the overall best plastic out there.

They take a long time to break in. They look really warped at that point, too. I'm not a Roc expert, but I've found that once an S Element X gets broken in, they do fade later than the new ones, go straight and are very predictable. I haven't gotten one broken in to the point where it's understable, though.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue May 23, 2006 11:09 am

thats what I expected and wanted to hear. Once one of mine is finally broken in I can take the E element out of my bag.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby garublador » Tue May 30, 2006 7:35 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:thats what I expected and wanted to hear. Once one of mine is finally broken in I can take the E element out of my bag.

I've already lost the E Element from the bag. The three disc rounds I've been doing recently have helped me learn my Element-X's better and I'm getting to where I might not need my S Element anymore, either.
garublador
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment