Where To Buy Discs

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby kvanorsdel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Seneca_22 wrote:Has anyone ever ordered from the TeePad website? They have really good basket prices and I was thinking of ordering from there. Or do you guys know anywhere else that has really good prices for baskets. I think I'm going to go with that Innova pro shot? I don't know, it's the portable Innova basket with 18 chains on a single loop around $150ish.

II ordered my Innova DISCatcher Sport from Teepad nearly two years ago. I had some issues with the powder coating and the owner of teepad got me set up directly with his innova rep to dael with the issue. This is the only time I have ordered from them, but his customer service was great.

I really have liked my Sport and think it is definitly worth the $150.
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jimmy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:54 am

Online:

Had a good experience at www.gottagogottathrow.com . I was living in Atlanta at the time, shipping was ridiculously fast, they included a free mini, a bumper sticker, and included an extra disc (I presume accidentally).

Recently, I ordered from www.discgolfvalues.com for the first time. I emailed back and forth with Mark a few times before the order. He got back to me quickly and with great information, although he was very busy with the destroyer coming out and all. He confirmed specific colors and weights he had in stock, and even saved the last of a specific disc after he had removed it from the website without definite knowledge that I was going to buy it. I placed my order over the weekend, and had it on Wednesday. It was from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, which isn't more than 5 hours away, but it was as fast as could be from the USPS. I definitely reccommend Disc Golf Values to others, especially when looking for CFR's and out-of-production discs.

Knoxville, TN:

Pluto Sports: UT Campus. Great selection of Innova, Discraft, and others, lots of accessories like baskets and bags. Decent prices.
Hobbytown USA: Turkey Creek. Small but surprisingly good selection, over priced, though.
Play-It-Again Sports: West Knoxville, next to Cats Music. Terrible selection, ridiculously over priced. I'm talking $25 for Star and Champion plastic.
Dick's sporting goods has some new Innova plastic, usually the typical chain retailer stuff.

Atlanta, GA:

Snellville and Gwinnett County:
Play-It-Again Sports: Snellville, corner of 124 and 78. Usually has a stock of about 120ish discs, mostly Innove with some Discraft, Millenium, Gateway, etc. mixed in. He orders from Gotta Go Gotta Throw. Prices are decent. Used selection is usually pretty good. I've found some nice, old Rocs and some other good plastic cheap. He gives about $3-$5 for used discs depending on plastic and condition.
Nowhere else really has any good plastic, IFO shut down a year or so ago. There are a couple of Sports Authority's with run-of-the-mill plastic.
Best place to get plastic (Innova) is from Primo Plastic. I've forgotten his name, he has a website, and sells plastic out of his Red Ford Explorer, which you can often find at the area courses. You can contact him on the www.discgolfatlanta.com forum. He'll let you know what he has and where he'll be. He takes care of you, as most out-of-the-trunk dealers do.

Las Vegas, NV:

I haven't really found any shops with plastic, yet. There's a small sporting goods store near Sunset Park with a few discs, good stuff but not much of it. There are a couple of Sports Authority's and the like with like 7 discs for sale, most of which are Sidewinders and DX Sharks.

www.baskethead.com is run by a guy named T.R. who lives and plays in Vegas. He also sells plastic out of his trunk, and is very reasonable. He'll sell new (Innova) mostly Champion plastic for like $13 even, Pro for $10, Star for $14 or $15 (I don't buy much Star). He has a decent selection with him usually, is a great guy and I prefer to support local when I can. He usually cuts the price down a bit, if I get like $83 worth of plastic, he'll only charge $75 sometimes, for example. He gets some decent special stuff, like Super Rocs which he was selling for only $20. Good guy. I know he plays doubles at Sunset on Wednesdays, but I'm not sure where else. I haven't been in Vegas long and just started playing here again.

Fritz wrote:Play with Jimmy, he is cool as hell!

Aviars / Rocs / Whippets / Gators / Leopards / TLs / Teebirds / Eagle-X's / Firebirds

My Trade/Sale list:
Jimmy's Trade/Sale List
Jimmy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby hayden » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:09 pm

from texas: Marshall Street.
everytime.
"I haven't played in months"
hayden
Noob

Wright Life

Postby twmccoy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:24 pm

In CO: The Wright Life in Ft. Collins. Every model/brand you could imagine. Plus they give you very good value on trade-ins for store credit. Good selection of used and tourny stamped discs too. Fun store to go to.

Nothing around here even comes close. There are BC Surf & Sport shops, but they have nowhere NEAR the selection that Wright Life does.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Solbo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:56 pm

MA: Marshall Street, basically I am very partial to Jason Southwick and company.

They have pretty much anything a disc golfer would need, extensive stock, flat shipping rate, and are genuinely NICE people that care about the game.
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby cquinn17 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:05 pm

I can't believe its only been mentioned twice, but http://www.discgolfcenter.com is my favorite online disc retailer.
They let you pick exact weight and colr and have the cheapest prices of anywhere, AND free shipping. What more could you ask for?
cquinn17
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 11x Roc

Postby IdahoLefty » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:47 pm

cquinn17 wrote:I can't believe its only been mentioned twice, but http://www.discgolfcenter.com is my favorite online disc retailer.
They let you pick exact weight and colr and have the cheapest prices of anywhere, AND free shipping. What more could you ask for?

Yup i just did a order with them. I recived my discs quickly and everything is perfect.
Friends dont let friends throw roc's.

buzz for president (its dependable)
IdahoLefty
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Raww!

Postby dgdave » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:28 pm

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=4868

Here's a great place to pick up some plastic :D
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Jsw » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Hey guys new to the board and disc golf in general. I ordered a Medium "S'' wizard from discgolfcenter.com since it was one of the first suggested links i found in this thread.

Found the site in general very helpful to learn about a lot of different discs and it was nice to see what they looked like in all the different plastics as well. I ordered one and opted for the free shipping - figuring it would take at least 2 weeks for it to get to me through snail mail i put in the back of my mind - who cares it was free shipping anyway, right?

Well I was completely shocked to find it on my desk today, just 3.5 days after i ordered it. And this is in the height of the holidays, where the USPS is flooded with packages. It was a great experience and i plan to order a mid and a driver as soon as i can from them.

They processed my order VERY fast and kudos to USPS to getting it to me the same week I ordered it.

Highly recommend them 8)
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby tushamajig13 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 am

If anyone is interested, gottagogottathrow has 2006 x-out star rocs for $17!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
tushamajig13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 pm

tushamajig13 wrote:If anyone is interested, gottagogottathrow has 2006 x-out star rocs for $17!!

Disc Golf Values has them for 13.95.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:11 pm

tushamajig13 wrote:If anyone is interested, gottagogottathrow has 2006 x-out star rocs for $17!!

Disc Golf Values has ontario stars for 13.95.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby Bjaardker » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:37 pm

GottagoGottaThrow.com just did right by me.

I placed an order yesterday at 12:45. At 1:03 they e-mailed me with some color & weight questions & what they had available. Everything was the right weight, just some different colors. I e-mailed them back with the what I wanted. By 1:08 I had a UPS tracking number.

This morning at 10:35 the mail room had received the shipment, and I had the discs in hand by 11:45.

That was with their standard $6 flat fee shipping. My work is in Madison, wi, about 6 hours away from them.

They threw in a mini, a score card & pencil, and a copy of "Disc Golf Magazine".

Top notch service from them & I will definitely order from them again in the future.
Bjaardker
Noob

Postby Midnightbiker » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:10 pm

If you are ever in Houston,TX you have to check out "Rick's Darts and Games". Largest disc golf selection in the city.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby tushamajig13 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:19 am

Midnightbiker wrote:If you are ever in Houston,TX you have to check out "Rick's Darts and Games". Largest disc golf selection in the city.

I went there when I went to Houston this summer, and compared to Marshall Street, was unimpressed....but I guess Im spoiled in taht right. I found the Play It Again Sports to have a better selection of new and used discs, and x-outs, bags, and better prices on everything.
tushamajig13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade