Any advanced players want to post their own assignments?

Sets of drills targeted at developing a full skill sets of shots and mastery of flight characteristics. Players taking part are encouraged to post their experiences and feedback.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Any advanced players want to post their own assignments?

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Well, I've enjoyed the exceptional assigntments that Blake so kindly posted, but now that he probably has a little too much on his plate to post new ones, are there any other expierenced/advanced players that would like to submit their own assignments? I know I would appriciate it, and I'm sure there's others that would too..

Please? C'mon!!!!
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:57 pm

learn how to throw a whitler far
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby jamsisjams » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:13 pm

I f****ing love my Whitler on really steep downhill approaches. I drove with it on a hole that was 400 something with a downhill drive and an uphill approach. I obviously didn't park it but I did make the gap at the bottom of the hill, somewhere around 280-300'.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TeeRexJJ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:27 pm

ometimes when I'm playing a casual round I'll force myself to throw every shot either back hand or forehand that way I'm learning to throw annys and hyzer shots equally
TeeRexJJ
Tree Magnet

Postby Micah » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm

I recently decided to play a couple of rounds with only a forehand roller and a putter. This has made me much more confident on some tightly wooded holes when I get left in trouble and I can't air it out. Learning how much you need to put on a disc to have it stop at a particular location is very valuable to your game. You can also improve various skills by forcing yourself to throw only one type of shot in any round; only turnovers, only straight shots, only anhyzers, only flicks etc.
Micah
Tree Magnet

Postby tim » Tue May 27, 2008 3:23 pm

I like the suggestion of posting training assignments, so I've posted up my first one in it's own thread. So check it out and work on mastering Flick Rollers. Let me know what you think. I enjoy practice sessions and will be happy to write up additional practice ideas when I have the time.
tim
2009 DGR Donator

Re: Any advanced players want to post their own assignments?

Postby slowRoll » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:04 pm

The next time you are in an open field; try this. Take three putters and throw them from the same spot out towards the open field. Throw the first one as flat and as far(tall) as you can without flipping it over. Take the second and try to throw it hard with as much hyzer as you can. Finally, take the third and throw it hard with as much anhyzer as you can without it becoming a roller. All 3 of these should be gliding to the ground.

Now take a good look at what you just did. Chances are you have 3 discs that are 200' to 250' away with a spred of well over 100' wide between the one to your left and the one to your right. Think about how that wide range of distance and direction can translate to our golf game. Many of the shots I used to throw drivers at I now can reach with a Wizard. And more importantly, many of the holes I used to play from the rough on; I now play from the fairway.

Good luck.
I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Ertai wizard adept
slowRoll
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Re: Any advanced players want to post their own assignments?

Postby slowRoll » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Crap, I just realized that I probably should have put that in a seperate thread... my bad.
I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Ertai wizard adept
slowRoll
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Return to Disc Golf Review Training Assignments