Aerobie Sharpshooter #1

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Aerobie Sharpshooter #1

Postby guatemalened » Fri May 26, 2006 6:47 am

Found this disc(no info) at my local course Lehigh Parkway in Allentown PA, btw great course for those who love to grip and rip. Anyways this has to be one of the most stiffest plastics I ever felt. Anyone find this disc useful?
guatemalened
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri May 26, 2006 7:48 am

probably makes a decent coaster, that or you could use it like a layered pedistal for like some flowers or something.
oo or a trophy since its gold and all that would look cool!

Ive only given those (I think #1 and 3#) a couple throws, they were definately nothing special, not too accurate or predictable either.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Fri May 26, 2006 9:02 am

Didn't care for the Sharpshooter #1 or #2, but the #3 I indeed like... it is comparable to the predator when it comes to wind versitility without being too much of a lawn dart. Overstable enough to hold a line and won't get those weird 20' lifts when triffling with wind. I especially like the copper/bronze ones :P
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Fri May 26, 2006 9:35 am

heh, i threw all three and found they all laned on a line between myself and the landing zone, but about 25' apart lengthwise.

downside was none of them went farther than my putter.

according to what the aerobie rep told me when he showed me a proto, the production disc failed to meet what they had hoped/anticipated would be the outcome.

basically, they never solved a production problem causing the bottom rim to collapse during cooling which led to them... seemingly ignoring the bottom rim and having a disc that was overstable instead of something a beginner could throw perfectly straight the first day playing.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby guatemalened » Fri May 26, 2006 11:15 am

Thanks for the quick responses.Maybe someone lost it on purpose :D . Maybe I'll place it back where I found it and let someone else discover this gem.
guatemalened
Noob

Return to Equipment