a forum is just that

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Blake_T » Thu May 25, 2006 6:27 pm

willamette was okay.

i prefer much tighter courses. the majority of the NW courses are similar from my experiences. they tend to put them in the open and use a few pieces of vegetation to dictate the holes whereas i'm spoiled and am used to them carving fairways through thick woods.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby presidio hills » Sun May 28, 2006 12:24 am

i'm from eugene, originally, but didn't play disc golf while i lived there (damn that would've made high school easier)... i do get to play dexter when i go back to visit family and i can say it's every bit as awsome as de la veaga in santa cruz. some of the tightest fairways i've ever seen too, mixed in with a few more open holes. great mix of shots, super challenging.
whistler's bend is also really nice. it starts out tight and finishes with some big open holes (huge top of the world style shot there too!). not as creatively laid out as dexter, though, in my opinion.
i'm visiting some family now and tomorrow i get to play pier park in portland... from the pictures it looks like it'll be sweet. plus it's 6400 ft. with only 1 hole under 300 and 7 over 400. appears to have a lot of trees, too. hope it's a good one!
my favorite courses thus far are: de la veaga, dexter, stafford lake, monterey oaks course, and highland springs (lakeport CA, designed by steady ed). they're all equally cool in my book.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Eric O » Mon May 29, 2006 8:26 am

Pier is a fun course. I am there after work a couple times a week. May be there this afternoon. :D
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby presidio hills » Tue May 30, 2006 4:09 pm

pier park was cool. great terrain for a DG course; small rolling hills with trees everywhere. i don't think it was as big as the website claimed (6400ft) but it was a fun walk in the woods! it was hard to get birdie on most holes (for me at least) but saving par was easy enough. i think dexter is still my favorite oregon course... but this was a nice one!
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

sweet

Postby soaresjo » Wed May 31, 2006 1:49 am

awesome well I am planning on heading up to portland this weekend for a concert and will probably try and hit up riverbend and maybe pier. Nice to have so many nice courses to choose from.

-john
The Shark Loves Free Slurpees!
soaresjo
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion