Practice Round Scorecard...

Sets of drills targeted at developing a full skill sets of shots and mastery of flight characteristics. Players taking part are encouraged to post their experiences and feedback.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Practice Round Scorecard...

Postby sleepy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:31 am

I found this on Gateway's website in the resources section as two separate files and decided to combine and repost them so everyone can use them when practicing out on the course.

It should serve to visually point out what parts of the game you need to work on, especially when you're done with the round and can look back at the entire sheet and notice the patterns.

Practice Round Scorecard

NOTE: The file should be two pages long...scorecard on the first page, and the instructions on the second.

sleepy
Last edited by sleepy on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jeremy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks, I always keep my score during practice, but this should help point out particular things I need to work on.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Fritz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:15 pm

How the heck you read this thing?
lol
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby some call me...tim? » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:43 pm

some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Fritz wrote:How the heck you read this thing?
lol

If you scroll down, the second page in the document I posted contains instructions on how to read and use the scorecard. That was the whole point in combining them into one document...because the scorecard by itself is pretty hard to understand. ;)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jtkustomizer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:00 pm

I wish it had a box for forehand or backhand on drive and approach :(
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby sleepy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 pm

jtkustomizer wrote:I wish it had a box for forehand or backhand on drive and approach :(

I suppose you could improvise by entering a 'B' or an 'F' in the flight-path box instead of just a slash like it shows in the instructions.

sleepy
Last edited by sleepy on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jtkustomizer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:25 pm

sleepy wrote:
jtkustomizer wrote:I wish it had a box for forehand or backhand on drive and approach :(

I suppose you could improvise by entering a 'B' or an 'F' in the flight-path box instead of just a slash like it shows in the instructions.

sleepy

Good Idea :idea: :idea:
Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Valkryie, FLX Drone, Buzzz, Impact and Warlock
jtkustomizer
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: www.gorilla-boy.com

Postby Fritz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:36 pm

sleepy wrote:
Fritz wrote:How the heck you read this thing?
lol

If you scroll down, the second page in the document I posted contains instructions on how to read and use the scorecard. That was the whole point in combining them into one document...because the scorecard by itself is pretty hard to understand. ;)

sleepy

Hmmm, musta been an error in the download the first time, cause it was a 1 page PDF.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby sleepy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Yep, something was wrong with that download. Thanks for the info...I've updated my original post and clarified that there should be two pages.

sleepy

sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Billym » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:20 pm

I went to the site but I can't get it to download to my PC?
Can anyone give me a tip?
Bill
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby sleepy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:38 pm

It should be a lot like downloading any other file from the internet. When you click the link in my post above, the mediafire website should open and notify you that your request is being processed. Then the page should display a link with the words 'Click here to start download'. Once you click those words, you should be presented with a box that asks if you want to open the file in your PDF application (Adobe Acrobat, most likely) or save it to disk.

Can you provide some more detail? What does (or doesn't) happen when you click my link above? How far do you get...does the box appear asking if you'd like to either open or save the file?

sleepy

sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby PowerFlicker » Wed May 07, 2008 11:23 am

I tried downloading the PDF and the site just locks up prior to download. It never got to the 'save/open' dialog box.

I used that scorecard for the first few months I started playing. It's pretty easy to get the files from the Gateway website and the instructions are clear. It really forces you to analyze each hole. I would add the distance under the hole #, along with marking an 'S' for sidearm and a 'B' for backhand in the boxes for drive or upshot type. As you play a round, you'll find yourself becoming more focused on each shot. I even used it when playing a round with friends and kept everyone's score. Even though I got a little flak at first, when we were done with the round and I showed everyone their results and they were like, "Wow. I never thought about it like that".
PowerFlicker
Noob

Postby sleepy » Wed May 07, 2008 11:33 am

PowerFlicker wrote:I tried downloading the PDF and the site just locks up prior to download. It never got to the 'save/open' dialog box.

The same thing just happened to me. I wonder if they remove files after a certain length of time without activity, or if the site is just experiencing technical problems at the moment.

sleepy

sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bcsst26 » Wed May 07, 2008 11:38 am

I just got it to download but I am using a mac with firefox.
"I do believe the sum extent of the messiness, disarrangement, disorder, and dirtiness of your room is equal to that of your brain." Johnny Cash
bcsst26
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Disc Golf Review Training Assignments