Really frustrating is...

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby krusen » Mon May 22, 2006 12:08 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:I look at it this way: days with bad rounds are always better than days with no rounds.

Amen

on Friday I got a call from the parents of a girl who found my disc in my practice field and really wanted it returned to me. Her parents tried to convince her it was no big deal, but this girl pushed her parents to decipher my faded phone number and call me. It was really cute. I gave her three bucks for an ice cream reward.

That's a cool story. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to put my info on the disc since i just got it and haven't even used it during a round. My sister in law is a teacher there though and said she'd ask the phy-ed teacher if there was anything turned in. What drives me crazy is the fact that I always make sure to count how many I throw. I guess it only takes one time to forget.

Oh well, it's in the past. I got good and drunk Saturday night to ease the pain.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Really frustrating is.....

Postby Denver Discer » Mon May 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Starting on hole 12, losing 2 discs on 14, 1 disc on 18 and then starting back at hole one, losing a disc on 10 and then on hole 11 throwing a 300 foot shot into the chains (roc of course) and watching the wind blow it straight back out.......frustrating. (In my defense it was 30-40 mph winds and there were about 7 discs lost)
Denver Discer
Tree Magnet

Postby Rooster » Mon May 22, 2006 1:09 pm

playing your first touney on 4 hours of sleep, shooting the two worst rounds of my life at that course(+11 and +13), and not being able to drink on the course(thanks, PDGA)........
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby trogdor » Mon May 22, 2006 1:25 pm

Really frustrating is having beautiful, calm weather and not getting a chance to get out and play.

Really frustrating on the course...seeing disc golfers do dumb stuff (not tending to their animals, lighting up in the open, throwing a bunch of trash all over the course, throwing when it isn't safe, etc.)
trogdor
Tree Magnet

For me:

Postby the invisible tree » Mon May 22, 2006 7:50 pm

Playing for about 2 months and usually having fairly nice, accurate shots but no putting game and within the past week finally figuring out how to putt decently but losing my longer game. :evil:
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby discmonkey42 » Mon May 22, 2006 10:56 pm

Taking off work early to go play because it is nice out, showing up at the course and seeing it overrun with kids who are only out there to break stuff, smoke, litter, travel in packs of 15, do burnouts in the parking lot, steal each others discs, and occassionaly throw a disc at a basket. That and the 45 minute wait for the teebox they create. It's almost enough to make me wish for winter again when I had the place to myself...almost (gonna be sunny and 76 tomorrow 8) )
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby adidadg » Tue May 23, 2006 9:40 am

Placing your drive in very makeable birdie range, and then somehow end up walking away with a bogey.
adidadg

Postby Pagan » Tue May 23, 2006 9:08 pm

adidadg wrote:Placing your drive in very makeable birdie range, and then somehow end up walking away with a bogey.

Just did that last round several times! It sux! But in my defense it is rather windy. Sourtherly winds above 35mph when playing and then it started raining Uber-Drops.

I know: b*tch b*tch b*tch
Pagan
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Torg » Sun May 28, 2006 4:39 pm

I haven't had a hole in one for over 7 years and the other day in one round I hit the chains 3 times on drives and the pole once. Still drought season for aces here.

Well, the drought is over! Hole 4 at Fox Meadows (playing the new courses this week) 260 foot ace. The wind was about 20 mph and it was so hot my discs were all soft like a blowfly. Used a 175 SB orc for a massive hyzer into the wind and BAM right in.

Maybe I shoulda complained about the ace drought before.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon May 29, 2006 1:31 pm

heres a new one: intentionally breaking in a disc to find that the one you just broke in was more overstable than the current run... So it would have played the more stable role better :cry: :arrow: :roll:
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Rooster » Mon May 29, 2006 4:19 pm

having your disc held hostage by kids who think they're cool and wanting 10 bucks for it
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Mr. Merchant » Tue May 30, 2006 10:34 pm

adidadg wrote:Placing your drive in very makeable birdie range, and then somehow end up walking away with a bogey.

I did that today at this hole http://www.playdg.com/bryantlake/?h=3

I threw my monster side arm and it turned right,right into the clearing of the patchs of trees. I had about a 30' putt, i stradle putted it up and over a low hanging branch, the disc sinks and nails the chains, bounces out and rolls down the hill. it gets stuck behind a tree and i end up with a 4. that sucked.

i also have to say that i am sick of the packs of high school kiddies on the course. they play in huge groups, lose discs, litter and make all sorts of noise when people are taking shots. i usualy play through, but sometimes when you play through they throw with you or throw at you when your putting. so sick of it.
Mr. Merchant
Noob

Postby Mr. Merchant » Tue May 30, 2006 10:39 pm

Rooster wrote:having your disc held hostage by kids who think they're cool and wanting 10 bucks for it

and how do you respond to that? i have yet for that to happen to me.

i would start off nice. but if that fails i'd probably talk a bunch of crap or try and take it from them. honestly, do kids want to get into a fight over "YOUR" disc.
Mr. Merchant
Noob

Postby sleepy » Wed May 31, 2006 6:36 am

Mr. Merchant wrote:honestly, do kids want to get into a fight over "YOUR" disc.

When they spend all day in the river with the sole purpose of making a profit by selling discs; then yes they do.

I am from the same area as Rooster, and he's right...it's getting pretty bad. This is the second time I've heard of someone's disc not being returned to it's rightful owner when the 'finder' has been confronted...the other time, an equal value trade wasn't even enough to get it back!

Also, someone on our local forum reported this morning that he received a phone call yesterday in which the person said, "Hey, I have your disc. It flies really nice and I'm keeping it." -CLICK- :evil:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Rooster » Wed May 31, 2006 6:52 am

sleepy wrote:Also, someone on our local forum reported this morning that he received a phone call yesterday in which the person said, "Hey, I have your disc. It flies really nice and I'm keeping it." -CLICK- :evil:

sleepy

man i feel bad for lane on that one it was CE too. but the course that losses the most discs to water(the one where the discnappers were), has 1 guy who is pretty cool about giving your disc back. if your on the hole or in the area and he finds it he'll give it back to you for free and if you find it in his stock the most he charges is 5.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion