http://zeitgeistmovie.com
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby DELETED » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:59 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby readysetstab » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:02 pm

i dig it. i'm not all the way through it yet, but thanks for something interesting. i'll be showing this to a few people.
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:47 pm

Wow i just got to the part that states that there is no law making you pay a Federal Income Tax
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby DELETED » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:45 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby Fritz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:19 pm

There is a dude who lives in Colorado in the southern part (Rye, Colorado) who doens't pay income tax and does not have a driver's license and and buncha other stuff, anyway to make a long story short he took the US Gov all the way to the Supreme court and won when they tried to take his land and stuff cause of not paying taxes. Crazy stuff.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby mgoofy24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:19 am

Please please please please pay your taxes, don't get caught up in conspiracy theories!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protes ... _arguments
http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/ ... omeTax.htm

Two "quick" reads.

Please believe that if you challenge the system, you're going to lose. I'm a law student, had to go to court a bunch for my federal income tax class... let me just say that tax protesters lose...
mgoofy24
Tree Magnet

Postby Smoke » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:09 am

mgoofy24 wrote:Please please please please pay your taxes, don't get caught up in conspiracy theories!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protes ... _arguments
http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/ ... omeTax.htm

Two "quick" reads.

Please believe that if you challenge the system, you're going to lose. I'm a law student, had to go to court a bunch for my federal income tax class... let me just say that tax protesters lose...

I am highly doubting that the video is nothing but a conspiracy theory. It raises alot of interesting points that no one can deny no matter their standpoint, and backed with hard evidence.

Secondly, not all tax protesters lose. There have been quite a few that have won. Food for thought, do you think they would actually teach you that you do not have to pay Federal Income tax? What do you think would happen if it was found out that you didn't have to?
I'm neither a bear, nor a cheetah..I'm a WOLVERINE!

"Must get past the first tree....um the second one too." - Bill
"Start the lawnmower..smack the midget." - D, when talking about how to throw
"No Low Putts!" - Hell if I know
Smoke
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby mgoofy24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:05 am

Smoke wrote:Secondly, not all tax protesters lose. There have been quite a few that have won. Food for thought, do you think they would actually teach you that you do not have to pay Federal Income tax? What do you think would happen if it was found out that you didn't have to?

Its true that not all tax protesters lose, but most of the time they win for reasons other than claiming they do not have to pay Federal Income Tax because it is not constitutional or other strange arguments. They win most of the time because the IRS missed deadlines or let the case slip through the cracks.

A quick timeline, have to head to school soon:

Article I, Section 8 of the US Constitution: "The Congress shall have the Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States."

The 16th Amendment: "The Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes on income, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

Congress passed the Internal Revenue Code (Title 26 of the United States Code) using the power of the above two and required that individuals pay tax. Congress delegated to the IRS the responsibility of administering and enforcing Title 26 of the United States Code. Congress passes the tax laws, IRS enforces them.

Yay taxes.... :) :(

Now... as for your question, what would happen if we didn't pay taxes... Well, the government would stop running :)
mgoofy24
Tree Magnet

Postby BCR-9er » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm trying to watch this video. My computer is a little slow. I think this is a related video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo
Brad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
BCR-9er
Tree Magnet

Postby redspexxx » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:36 pm

wait... you mean things on the interwebs are made up sometimes?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby DELETED » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:45 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby DELETED » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:50 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby mgoofy24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 pm

ZAMson wrote:Income tax is unconstitutional; property, business, etc etc taxes, are constitutional. All current taxes EXCEPT for the income tax are constitutional

16th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration." (emphasis added)

So, how exactly is it unconstitutional?
mgoofy24
Tree Magnet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:18 pm

Which is why you should vote for Ron Paul!!!
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

Get rid of the income tax and the IRS completely, and pay a flat tax of 17% or so. And everyone would still be happy.
I dunno about you, but I'm tired of working 4 months out of the year just to have my money go to a debt that's already attached to the money that's made out of thin air by the Federal Reserve. When our forefathers founded this country, they had freedom in mind. Not having citizens work their asses off to have 35% of their earnings to towards getting taxed. You realize how many taxes we pay?
There's Income tax, cigarette tax, land taxes, you name it.. Theres TONS of taxes we pay ON TOP OF getting raped from our income. It's retarded.

The ppl that founded this country didn't intend on us becoming slaves to our government. They actually pushed for less national government intervention and more interaction on the state level.

Centralized banks are evil. And only benefit a few select ppl.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.