Hrm

Sets of drills targeted at developing a full skill sets of shots and mastery of flight characteristics. Players taking part are encouraged to post their experiences and feedback.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Hrm

Postby Blake_T » Sun May 28, 2006 12:40 am

Well, due to lack of response after the first couple of weeks, doesn't look like I'll be writing up more assignments unless there is a spur of demand for them.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun May 28, 2006 12:57 am

the articles you have written are good, and have been helpful to my rounds and practice, while there was some drills/lines which I had never considered, I have tried most the rest. You got any drills or assignments that you could gear more towards the advanced player or are we on our own now? (and I say now, becuase I wouldnt be where I am, much less where I see myself being without the help I recieved here and on the site)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Sun May 28, 2006 1:43 am

there are some more difficult assignments that i was going to work up to, but as for where that puts you it depends a lot on your game.

i've found most advanced players and even a good chunk of newer high rated pros don't have a complete spectrum of shots in their bag (they are dependent upon their D, controlled drive, and putting more often than having a large array of shots).

basically, the spectrum is so broad when it comes to advanced players, especially different ones for those who are beyond the plateau vs. below or at the plateau, etc.

i will try and whip some together.
Blake_T

Postby sleepy » Sun May 28, 2006 7:02 am

Ack! Say it ain't so!!

I love these assignment articles, and the only reason I haven't completed them all is lack of time. I found the first two to be very helpful, and if I didn't have the rest of life to attend to, I'd be on my third rotation through each article!

Thank you for the assignments you've done thus far, and I know that your time is limited so I can understand if it isn't feasible for you to keep making more of these if the demand isn't there.

I'll find another way to get better...somehow... :cry:

:D :P :wink:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Lurker had to register

Postby all_thumbs » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:21 am

I had to join the boards after reading this post. I live near Sleepy and have played with him at leauge, etc. I had been thinking about seeing if he and other local guys wanted to start a training day at one of our local courses. And now your gonna stop writing the assignments :cry:

I have to say your articles have done alot for my game over the winter and this early spring, probably as much as daily playing did last summer. I hope when you have time you will continue to write up assignments and other instructional articles.

I have been seeing you as the Harvey Penick of Disc Golf. (For those that don't know what that means and who he was click the link or Google it.) So I hope you will continue with the lessons and articles.

Btw, its possible that some people only go to a couple of the forums with direct links, they may not even know about the training assignments. Plus, with the training assignments at the bottom of the forum index, they don't even show up on a PC screen set at 1024x768. Maybe a sticky in the technique forum?

Thanks for all the great stuff on DGR Blake!
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

Postby discmonkey42 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:57 pm

Keep the assignments coming! I think they make a great addition to the main site. If I'd had something like that when I first started, I would have improved much faster. I work a lot and cannot always follow the timelines, but have done most of the lessons. I also found I didn't want to go to the next lesson if I hadn't gained as much as could from the current (I am still playing massive amounts of 3 disc rounds). I will definitely try to leave more feedback in the future so you can see that your work is appreciated and being put to use.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby MrTasses » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:57 pm

Blake, keep the assignments coming! I just recently noticed this section of the board. I've done about half of the assignments previously just from reading tips from this and other boards. The "three disc round" led me to play with just 3-4 discs for 4 months. Helped my game so much. The next round I play will be an 'outside the box' round.
MrTasses
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:57 pm

i'll try to get a few more written up, just short on time lately.
Blake_T

Postby Warlord » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:33 pm

Blake....

There is an audience out there for your assignments. The "lack of response" was probably due to the fact that the assignments were concise....straight to the point.

Off Topic:

Have you done any hardcopy writing on the subject of disc golf? If not....give it a thought.....you may not become rich, but your books would sell to serious disc golfers of all skill levels.
Warlord
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:06 pm

there's been a request for me to write a manual...

if i got a big enough advance i probably would.
Blake_T

Postby mothrows » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:24 pm

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGG ADVANCE!! :D Just kidding. I would definitely have to buy it if you ever did write one. I've learned a ton from your site. Thanks a bunch..
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby dscglfgeo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:31 am

just heard about this and can't wait to try some of the drills. I'm kind of an advanced player and I can already see some of the steps helping me in parts of my game. I would look forward to some drills to help the more experienced golfer improve their game.

Thanks for all your hard work Blake.

George 23933
Michigan MA1
PDGA# 23933
Live life to the fullest you never know when it's going to end.
dscglfgeo
Noob

Postby bernie » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:42 pm

Hey Blake! You have helped me over the past year or so but I just found this forum and your training tips. Needless to say, I will be making use of the already published drills and hopefully there will be more when I am through with those. Also, please ban George (discglfgeo) from this area of your site...he is already good enough and doesn't need this help! haha Bernie...Michigan
'The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Steven Wright
bernie
Noob

Postby krusen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:07 pm

Same here. I think the assignments are great, and only wish I had more time to dedicate to training. I've only been out to the practice field 3 times so far this year.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby rodman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:27 pm

Blake, I am just going to begin to get on your training regiment. I needed something like this to get me focused in some training and practice. Thanks a bunch. I'll be posting results to discuss with you.

A++ material here.
rodman
Noob

Next

Return to Disc Golf Review Training Assignments