Gateway Magic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby scoot_er » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:45 am

BLURR wrote:
Jwt4412 wrote:I am always curious when somebody says a new disc makes it into the bag... I always want to know what disc came out?

Well...I had a spot open up in my bag when I finally aced with my thrashed firm wizard. So, I have been on the hunt for a turn over warlock or wizard, but this disc will do the trick.

I hit two aces in two days with Wizards like a week ago but they are still in the bag.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DELETED » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:52 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby scoot_er » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 am

ZAMson wrote:That'd be a sweet marketing strategy... sell em in 3-packs.. "Because you'll ace two in no time!"

... seemed kinda odd that a pro would take an ace disc out!
don't you guys hit aces in your sleep?

matt what's your ace count?
blurr, what's yours?

I'm at 24 now with like 8 in the last year. Aces aren't always good shots and are usually lucky if you ask me but if I hadn't have aced those two they would have been within 15ft.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:38 am

I retire all ace disc's. I think it's bad karma to throw an ace disc.

I only have 8. And they are all by luck. I don't run for aces. I am of the Climo mentality that I would rather have an easy birdie putt, than have to worry about a big comebacker if my ace run misses.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby sleepy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Dammit...I think I'm just gonna have to break down and buy one of these and do some testing of my own.

Any of you Gateway-insiders know if there's any misprint-deals to be had on the Magic yet? :P ;)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DELETED » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:26 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Postby BLURR » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Not sure on the misprints. All of mine have the small gateway arch stamp. I love that stamp. I want a brick hard glow magic. But the soft black one is now nicknamed "Black Magic". :D
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby matchu » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:49 pm

sleepy wrote:Dammit...I think I'm just gonna have to break down and buy one of these and do some testing of my own.

Any of you Gateway-insiders know if there's any misprint-deals to be had on the Magic yet? :P ;)

sleepy

not that I know of, but I can loan you money to purchase one if 15 bucks is an issue
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Timko » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 pm

They're simply not out yet, but I bet there will be some X outs coming soon. I imagine that Gateway is running a good quanity of them now.

My 2 are supersoft Glo's with the DD stamp (but I'd rather have the small arch stamp; probably my personal fave). I'd also like some firm ones, but the supersoft will be all right to try out.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby sleepy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 pm

matchu wrote:not that I know of, but I can loan you money to purchase one if 15 bucks is an issue

:lol:

Thanks for the offer, but money isn't the issue. I guess I'm just being picky in that I'm not crazy about soft putters (SSS) or the glow plastic which is the only way the Magic is available as of now. I'd prefer to be able to call the shop and pick my weights/plastic/firmness.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Except that they're not released yet. I'm not saying you can't get any from the shop, but there will be a lot more selection in early March.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby sleepy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:41 pm

True. That's why I directed my question regarding the mis-stamps to the Gatway-insiders, since they might have the inside scoop. :wink:

I'll call the shop and see what they say. If I have to wait till March, it's no biggie.

sleepy

sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby cmrichar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:26 pm

BLURR wrote:All of mine have the small gateway arch stamp. I love that stamp.

I really like that stamp too.

BLURR wrote: I want a brick hard glow magic.

I don't have any magics yet, but if I did get some, thats exactly what I want. Or any stiff mediums with the arch stamp.
cmrichar
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:00 pm

after some extensive testing and a few rounds the magic has replaced three discs in my bag, the wiz(for inside the circle), warlock (jumpers and longer putts)
Z puttr ( safe straight approaches). its safe to say i really like this mold, i cant wait until i can get my hands on some firmer ones :D :D
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby matchu » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:18 pm

sleepy wrote:
matchu wrote:not that I know of, but I can loan you money to purchase one if 15 bucks is an issue

:lol:

Thanks for the offer, but money isn't the issue. I guess I'm just being picky in that I'm not crazy about soft putters (SSS) or the glow plastic which is the only way the Magic is available as of now. I'd prefer to be able to call the shop and pick my weights/plastic/firmness.

sleepy

they are not floppy by any means just soft to the touch. The magic will track and or turn right as the wizard/warlock want to fight back left. The nose is real blunt like the element X.
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment