Who likes champion aviars besides me?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Who likes champion aviars besides me?

Postby Darklord » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:16 pm

At first, I hated this disc. It just didn't feel right in my hand. Too slippery. Too different. But I did like the way it cut though the air. So I stuck with it and now, I must say, I love this disc. Yeah, It bounces around a little bit if you're not careful, but after a while, you learn how to manage its attributes. This disc is a little tricky to learn but well worth the effort. imo it is the most consistant
Putter on the market. Don't just try it. Learn how to throw it.
"Short and safe is better than long and lost".
Darklord
Noob

Postby presidio hills » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:13 am

i used a champ aviar for the first year i played. for putts it worked fine, i liked the gummy feel of it. for throws it seemed to work at the time, but now i see compared to more stable low grade plastic putters... it is squirrely.
i'm all about s wizards now.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:32 am

they are a bit squirrely.

both the champ aviar and qmega have always felt like throwing a mini... never quite know how much ti will flip up.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:18 pm

to me it sounds like its the first putter youve learned completely. Most any putter will fly well 100' and in once you learn it.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Darklord » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:04 pm

I went from aviars (too understable) , to kc aviar (unpredictalbe turnover into the wind) to champ aviar( have yet to turn this when I didn't want to). I've had people ask what i'm using and when I tell them they are repulsed. Their loss! When it goes in the chains, it stays there. no more bounce outs. Had 2 last summer with the kc that hurt bad. Have had at least 5 from outside 75ft already this year with one in my last tournament. Also, most of my teter-toters have stayed in.
Darklord
Noob

Postby Darklord » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:03 pm

I had 5 go in and stay, and a big make in a tournament. There are more makes with wizards because they are what people want to throw.
Darklord
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:12 pm

is your champ avair a harder one or a softer one? (ive seen both)

ive seen people have alot of trouble with Z magnets, Z putters and champ avairs (all hard) and one of the best putters I know uses a champ rhyno (softer, but not pro rhyno soft)
Im not all against using champ plastic for putters, its just not what Ive found to work best (for me and others)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:28 am

Whatever floats your boat man, for finesse putts I still use my CE Classic Roc, but for everything else I use my 162g JK Aviar-X (just learned to jump putt $$)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Champ

Postby rodman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:19 pm

I love my Champ Aviar. I bought one in my first batch of discs and it is sweet. I've learned to let it tail to the left at the end and use that dependable tail much the same way guys like Freddie Couples uses his dependable fade in real ball golf. If you take out one side of the course because you know your ball is going one certain way every time then it's just a matter of getting the right curve.

I make 2 or 3 longish putts with it every round I play. I've been wanting to get a wizard but I keep telling myself dont fix it if it aint broken. Maybe some day I'll get angry with my aviar but for now I am not buying the wizard.
rodman
Noob

Return to Equipment