First Aces Of The Year

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

First Aces Of The Year

Postby Mr. Merchant » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:24 pm

I hit two aces today. The first in a little over two years.

the first was here http://www.playdg.com/chaska/?h=2 172 s wizard straight in

the second here http://www.playdg.com/rosland/?h=1 anhyzer 174 beast
Mr. Merchant
Noob

Postby Jwt4412 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:48 pm

No better feeling outdoors...

Congrats!!!
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:19 am

good aces!, Ive hit one this year but that was in January, just alot of metal hit since then :? I think Im past due... ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby lacrimosa » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:15 am

nice aces, those look like fun pitch/putt courses. I made my first ace last week - http://stafforddiscgolf.blogspot.com/20 ... ole-2.html
lacrimosa
Noob

Postby Weebl » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:41 am

Congratz to Lacrimosa and Mr. Merchant. I had my second basket ace 2 days ago with an Aviar-X, 2 weeks ago I got a two finger firebird roller ace on an object course :-P Too bad no one saw either of my basket aces, except an old guy who gave me the stink eye for being loud...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:51 am

Weebl wrote:Congratz to Lacrimosa and Mr. Merchant. I had my second basket ace 2 days ago with an Aviar-X, 2 weeks ago I got a two finger firebird roller ace on an object course :-P Too bad no one saw either of my basket aces, except an old guy who gave me the stink eye for being loud...

gotta love the stink eye :wink:

what does that make it congratz to Lacrimosa, Mr. Merchant and Weebl now, who else has an ace this year :roll:
we should have a place where you can go online and brag about aces and such!, wait you can do that here! :D

my only ace this year was approx 300' in the open into the wind with a X Cyclone, played it out alittle extra to the right, it got more lift than predicted so instead of plopping on the ground just to the right of the basket it landed in it, no complaints from me.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Tim H » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:18 am

Mr. Merchant. How tough is Number 8 at this course (http://www.playdg.com/rosland/?h=8). It looks pretty nasty.

Congratz to all for their aces.
Tim H
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:42 am

Tim H wrote:Mr. Merchant. How tough is Number 8 at this course (http://www.playdg.com/rosland/?h=8). It looks pretty nasty.

That hole screams "learn a backhand roller" to me. We dont have anything that low celing with groomed grass for rolling. I need to get out east to play sometime.

without a roller im betting a low backhand hyzer that skips a bit would leave you with a nice up w/o worring about the road.

The rest of the course looks nice too :? we need more holes like those here in CO
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Pagan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:48 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:That hole screams "learn a backhand roller" to me. We dont have anything that low celing with groomed grass for rolling. I need to get out east to play sometime.

without a roller im betting a low backhand hyzer that skips a bit would leave you with a nice up w/o worring about the road.

The rest of the course looks nice too :? we need more holes like those here in CO

There's a hole just like that in Carrington, ND (about an hour north of us). There were so many trees in the way you were hoping the disc would "pinball" it's way through them. NO way to annie around as road was ob. That's a "Buzz hole". Low, straight and hope for the best.
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Mr. Merchant » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:04 am

Tim H wrote:Mr. Merchant. How tough is Number 8 at this course (http://www.playdg.com/rosland/?h=8). It looks pretty nasty.

it can be a tough 3 if you hit a tree. I take a starfire with a slight anhyzer and go right down the alley, there is more room then you think. you just have to keep it low. I can usualy come out to the path or close. hitting a tree isn't so bad late in flight. if you hit a tree early and save par thats incredible. theres a low hanging tree that blocks lots of lines to the basket on your second shot. so if you can get it left and close to the tree its an easy 3. i have one bird on that hole. i hit a tree half way down, threw a sidewinder dead straight under the big tree and it hooked right into the chains.

the hole after it isn't quite so nasty but a really tight shot. i can deuce it a lot but it feels super good if you do. it takes perfect execution.
Mr. Merchant
Noob

Postby Weebl » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:43 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:

That hole screams "learn a backhand roller" to me. We dont have anything that low celing with groomed grass for rolling. I need to get out east to play sometime.

Just because you have holes without low ceilings and groomed fairways doesnt mean you dont have to roll :)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:11 pm

I am getting better with my rollers, but inless its max d on a groomed fairway there arent many places where rollers are the best shot around here.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby the invisible tree » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:11 pm

Weebl wrote: Too bad no one saw either of my basket aces, except an old guy who gave me the stink eye for being loud...

OMFG, the guy mooned you?
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby coogs » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:00 pm

I'm still looking for my first ever ace. :(
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby sleepy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:03 pm

coogs wrote:I'm still looking for my first ever ace. :(

Me too...don't feel bad. It sure is fun trying though, right? :wink:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Next

Return to General Discussion