Beer

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby krusen » Thu May 18, 2006 10:28 am

redspexxx wrote:for all you black and tan fans, try a guiness and blue moon, black moon, if you will

Sounds interesting...like those chocolate covered orange candies.

I bought a 12 pack sampler of Tommyknocker last week. I think I've tried every one, and haven't been disappointed with any of them
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby Mr. Merchant » Tue May 30, 2006 2:19 pm

i've been in the wine and spirits buisness for a little while now. ive had most of the micorbrew and very few brewerys are impressing me.

anything from bells is gold. victory makes killer beers, the golden monkey (belgian style tripel) is out of this world. i also like north coast and dogfish head. summit and sam adams really bores me to death, nothing special. good beer but, meh.

i've been on a huge belgian beer kick. nothing compares, high in acl&, exciting flavors not found in other beers and the fact that there are so many different ones that taste completely different. from sweet to bone dry they are awesome. (i'm not counting stella, that stuff is average and bland)

go to www.beeradvocate.com sign up and read all the user reviews and articles, good stuff.
Mr. Merchant
Noob

Postby krusen » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Checked out that site. Pretty cool except for the fact that some of the reviewers are the biggest beer snobs in the world. I thought I was a beer snob, but it turns out I'm an uncultured redneck.

I did like the article on light beer.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Postby the invisible tree » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:21 pm

Mr. Merchant wrote:i've been in the wine and spirits buisness for a little while now. ive had most of the micorbrew and very few brewerys are impressing me.

anything from bells is gold. victory makes killer beers, the golden monkey (belgian style tripel) is out of this world. i also like north coast and dogfish head. summit and sam adams really bores me to death, nothing special. good beer but, meh.

i've been on a huge belgian beer kick. nothing compares, high in acl&, exciting flavors not found in other beers and the fact that there are so many different ones that taste completely different. from sweet to bone dry they are awesome. (i'm not counting stella, that stuff is average and bland)

go to www.beeradvocate.com sign up and read all the user reviews and articles, good stuff.

Those Trappist monks know there stuff. If there is any better beverage on the face of this earth than Chimay Red it should be illegal. I also love teh Corsendonk. I plan on cracking open a few magnums of that during the World Cup.
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby spitfire » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:32 pm

mmmmmmm beer

i like anything from troegs
also like newcastle, st pauli girl, becks, vcitory lager, sam adams summer ale and cherry wheat just to name a few

anybody ever have mad elf from troegs? come out around thanksgiving good stuff and its like 14% alcohol
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:32 pm

krusen wrote:Checked out that site. Pretty cool except for the fact that some of the reviewers are the biggest beer snobs in the world. I thought I was a beer snob, but it turns out I'm an uncultured redneck.

so what does that make me? a large part of my beer vocabulary involves the word "pong"... (< college student)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby krusen » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:33 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:
krusen wrote:Checked out that site. Pretty cool except for the fact that some of the reviewers are the biggest beer snobs in the world. I thought I was a beer snob, but it turns out I'm an uncultured redneck.

so what does that make me? a large part of my beer vocabulary involves the word "pong"... (< college student)

You're not expected to drink anything more expensive than Pabst while in college. :wink:
Where are you enrolled?
I first learned of beer pong while living in CO long after my college days were far behind me [sigh]
krusen
Tree Magnet

Postby redspexxx » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:39 am

beer pong is ok, but caps gets you annihilated. southpaw? anyone?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:47 am

im at UNC (northern colorado not north carolina for those of you who can put 1&2 togeather)
funny thing is after all the bud light, key light and whatevers cheap and comes in a keg, my friends and I rarely drink that sort of stuff :? (only when its free!)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby sleepy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:32 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:my friends and I rarely drink that sort of stuff :? (only when its free!)

So true. Recently my youngest brother (who had just finished his freshmen year at Michigan State) was over my house and I gave him a Killian's. He looked at me like I had just handed him the Holy Grail itself, stating "Oh man...I could get $5 for one of these up at school!" :D

Dang kids. :wink:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby krusen » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:36 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:im at UNC (northern colorado not north carolina for those of you who can put 1&2 togeather)

I lived on 10th St. and right around 14th Ave. in Greeley for a year. Got my first ace on what used to be hole 1 at the course in town. It was a forehand that was looking too low, and skipped off the walking bridge. I didn't even know it went in until I walked over the hill. Too bad they pulled a bunch of baskets.

The Fort Collins course is very cool tho. I gotta make a sumer trip back out there and play a bunch of courses. When I lived there I was just getting into disc, so I haven't played any courses other than those two.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:23 pm

yeah, epple (old greeley course) is down to 6 holes, UNC has a 9 hole course.

Im in ft collins often, they have Edora aswome, but the only CO course theres always a wait. Theres also a tight short 9 hole course in Le Porte just north of ft collins.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Mr. Merchant » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:04 pm

beer pong rules. i have two ping pong tables in my basement and they got lots of use when I first moved into my place.
Mr. Merchant
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 am

Did someone say Trappist monks? Chimay any one?

This thread has grown; wish I'd kept up with it. You say bluemoon and guiness? I'll get some tommorrow.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Amateur » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:25 pm

Guiness and sprite=shandy. Quite possibly the most refreshing beer to drink after 18.

Try it, you'll be suprised.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.