Gateway Magic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby BLURR » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Image
Image
Image
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby sleepy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 pm

matchu wrote:The nose is real blunt like the element X.

Judging by BLURR's photos, I'd say you sure weren't kidding! :shock:


sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

Image
PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jwt4412 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:07 pm

Looks like an XD... yes?
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: 3 inches out of my putting range...
Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Timko » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Imagine the normal top on the wizard, then put a bottom that looks like an APX, but it's the size of the XD.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Postby dgdave » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Finally got some good work with these today.

I'm on the fence still. Still more stable than I'm wanting for approaches that are right out of jump putt range. I have one glo that's getting seasoned from some tree hits. It still fades on approaches. On drives its getting some turn. It has a neat looking flight. It will fly straight with a hyzer angle and goes slighly left then turn up flat then turn right. It looks like a shot Barry Schulz throws on the 06 MSDGC. Its a shot downhill tunnel shot and the commentator says, " I wish I had a disc that can do that." Now I do!

I also have a black that is still flying like new.

Both still seem to want to fight back left on approaches. They also want to go left on jump putts. Not as much as a wizard. They don't glide as much as I had anticipated either.

I like my wizards more still, especially a beat to hell one I just got from blurr. That one is magic :)
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:04 am

dgdave wrote:I like my wizards more still, especially a beat to hell one I just got from blurr. That one is magic :)


I would never trade a beat to hell wiz
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby dgdave » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:06 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:
dgdave wrote:I like my wizards more still, especially a beat to hell one I just got from blurr. That one is magic :)


I would never trade a beat to hell wiz


I've got the goods.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby BLURR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:08 am

If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:09 am

dgdave wrote:
uNicedmeMan wrote:
dgdave wrote:I like my wizards more still, especially a beat to hell one I just got from blurr. That one is magic :)


I would never trade a beat to hell wiz


I've got the goods.


seemingly
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby BLURR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:21 am

I will admit, it was hard to part with. But with the advent of the magic, I can just grab one of these and not have to beat the crap out of it to make it turn over. Those players that love the flight of the beat wizard will like the magic...especially the soft ones. Brand new softies will have a very gentle right turn when thrown as a short range driver. The mediums have a more pronounced turn over when compared. I have a softie and a medium in the bag right now. I really like the softie for jump putting too. It stays straight for so long. I don't have really aim all that far of center with the magic as compared to the wizard.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:26 am

BLURR wrote:I will admit, it was hard to part with. But with the advent of the magic, I can just grab one of these and not have to beat the crap out of it to make it turn over. Those players that love the flight of the beat wizard will like the magic...especially the soft ones. Brand new softies will have a very gentle right turn when thrown as a short range driver. The mediums have a more pronounced turn over when compared. I have a softie and a medium in the bag right now. I really like the softie for jump putting too. It stays straight for so long. I don't have really aim all that far of center with the magic as compared to the wizard.


sounds like a sales pitch
judging by your previous post

but i must admit I am very tempted to buy one from you

or three
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Timko » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:31 am

Of course it's a sale's pitch, he's got some for sale!

But that doesn't mean that what he said isn't true...They do fly nice, and if Dave would ever respond to my fcuking email, then I might be able to get some lighter ones like I want.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Postby BLURR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 am

I will admit that it is a bit of a sales pitch, but it also meant to be a helper to those that are in search of beat wizards. The magic fits the bill for what you are looking for if you are. And...like the assassin, the magic feels so good in the hand. This is a quote from a friend mine when asked about the magic...

Yes. These are sweet. I hadn't felt something so good in my hand since the time I lost my virginity
Last edited by BLURR on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Timko » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:56 am

BLURR wrote:This is a quote from a friend mine when asked about the magic...

Yes. These are sweet. I hadn't felt something so good in my hand since the time I lost my virginity


OMFG!
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Postby dgdave » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:59 am

If the mediums are less stable, I'm gonna have to get one of those.

I'm still not sold on them, but some more beating may work. On 150-250 I'm really liking it, but inside of that its still more stable than I'm wanting. I don't like it as a putter. I don't know why.

When I went and threw them the other day, they flew just like a lefty. It went straight for a while then broke right. It looked like if you put a mirror up to a wizard's flight. Pretty cool and useful or those delayed turnovers
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests