Question about starting a club

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Question about starting a club

Postby Will » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:38 pm

Hello,

I'm starting a club up and dont really have any clue on who to go through to get my plastic. I wanna start fundraiser / tournaments and leagues, but have to have the plastic for the guys to choose from at a reasonable cost. I'm not looking to make money off people, i just want to promote this game at the next level. So if you have any information and could maybe help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to hear some good feedback.

-wilcone-
I finally figured out how to putt!! Then I forgot again...
Will
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:59 pm

generally manufacturers will wholesale to clubs, but there's a minimum order of 100, and it's generally harder to get good pricing.

discraft has their pricing online at:
http://www.discraft.com/pricing.html

in terms of smaller quantities (min 25):
http://www.littleflyer.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/19
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby garublador » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:05 am

I recently had a good experience getting custom stamped discs from Gateway. The minimum order is only 50 and the discs turned out great. The price I got ended up somewhere between wholesale and retail. It might not be the best way to get plastic to sell, but if you want to throw a tournament and have custom stamped discs it may be worth remembering.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Pagan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:13 pm

garublador wrote:I recently had a good experience getting custom stamped discs from Gateway. The minimum order is only 50 and the discs turned out great. The price I got ended up somewhere between wholesale and retail. It might not be the best way to get plastic to sell, but if you want to throw a tournament and have custom stamped discs it may be worth remembering.

There's an idea! Gateway Wizards custom stamped for the club! Hmnn.....
Wizard, Buzzz!, Sabre, Avenger
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Average Controlled Drives ~ 330'
Max Make Putt Range ~ 60'
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion