Greatest Courses in the Great Lakes???

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Greatest Courses in the Great Lakes???

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:49 pm

In about a week, I'm leaving with a couple friends for a 4 day long road trip dedicated to discing the most fun and scenic courses in the Great Lakes area.

We'll be leaving from southwest Michigan.

We're all in our first or second years, but can hold our own at moderately difficult courses.

We'll be camping, so if there's a course in or around a campsite, that's a plus.

Anyone have any suggestions?
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:58 pm

I'm sure you've played hudson mills, both courses are great. rolling hills is good too. theres 3 courses in ludington MI that i hear are damn fine. flip city in shelby is said to be beautiful. theres a crap ton of courses in MI that are awesome. check em all out.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:56 pm

Flip City is IMO the best course in michigan...It is private though so you should call ahead and see if it is ok for you to play. You can camp at silver lake or in ludington there are plenty of places around there. It's only about 2.5 hours away (from battle creek that is) and well worth the drive....
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby cschwab » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:54 pm

Listen to what both of them said.

Call ahead and see if you can camp at Flip City. From there head to Ludington which is about a half hour away. The 3 courses there are all nice. The scenery is awesome there. Make sure to play goliath there.

You should then head South towards Kzoo. There is a new course Timber Ridge about 20 minutes outside of Kzoo on a ski hill.

Here is a thread with info about the course. It does cost $8 to play too.
http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.p ... &fpart=all

Enjoy your trip![/quote]
cschwab
Noob

Postby TheUberDork » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:35 pm

Just a little south into Indiana Lemon Lake is a great course.
TheUberDork
Noob

Postby CYee1010 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:48 pm

This is just a suggestion, but if you're going to be in Shelby Twp., Stoney Creek Metro Park has a nice 24 hole course that's rated one of the most difficult in MI. There is a fee of $4/day. There aren't any camping opportunities in the park though. Here's the website if you're interested.

[/url]http://www.metroparks.com/parks/pk_stony_creek.php

I hope you have fun!
CYee1010
Noob

Postby Rooster » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:14 pm

stony is a good course. i play there often.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jHarr » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:42 am

put hickory hills in traverse city on the list too, 24 holes on a ski hill
tie that in with maple city's myles kimberly park ~20 min west....

petoskey's course is flat but challenging- like playin thru the hedges in "the shining", also 24 holes I think. Tie that one in with the avalanche course in boyne highlands (or even the boyne mtn- plays all downhill)...

another two somewhat close are the cadillac & kingsley courses, cadillac's got tight trees, casual partygolfers & 'skeeters but its fun, kingsley has a good mix of open and trees and will most likely be empty...

check st ignace across the bridge too
midland, freeland, mt pleasant, flint for that side of the mitten...
jHarr
Noob

Postby Terrence » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:55 pm

I live in Ludington. I've played the three courses here at the pumped storage park many times. Golaith is a blast, but remember to send a spotter! Beauty is shorter and chock full of trees. Beast is mostly wide open. They're all unique and very fun.

You should definitely play Flip City. It's very hilly with lots of blind downhill drives. This guy built it on his property, but you can drive up and park in his yard. There's a donation can and maps near the first hole.

If you plan to hit Ludington, I wouldn't mind showing you the course.
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Return to Courses