Revolution Bags

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Revolution Bags

Postby Jakeginter » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:15 pm

I have heard that they are the most durable bags on the market. I really only need the 10-12 discs anyway. Any positives or negatives would be great.
Jakeginter
Noob

Postby calvarycoffee » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:29 am

there should be a few reviews on them in www.discgolfreview.com

i use a revolution mini. i really like it. i play with 5 or 6 discs. i carry a towel, wallet, water bottle, toilet paper (don't ask), sunglasses, keys, pencils.

it retains it's box-y shape well. i think they all would do that because of the inner frame. the material doesn't sage with rain or dew.

my only complaint is that the handles are too far apart to grab with one hand only. (small hands) when i carry it by hand, i can only use one handle , which will probably be the first thing to rip on it.

the frame sticks into the putter pocket, so sliding in a disc into the pocket can be tricky. i bet you could sand the frame so that doesn't happen.

dave
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:24 am

revo bags are second to none, but gateway is keeping up well. Certian bags from every company have their weak/strong spots as well
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:04 am

You are correct that they are 2nd to none. And they are great to carry 10-12 discs (which is what I try to limit myself to for endurance reasons) and can carry more.

Construction is awesome. They have survived Texas cactus and thorny brush where I like to throw to make the game more interesting.

Off topic (stop reading now): I had a guy bug me about me wearing my bag into some brush looking for a disc.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby steezo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:51 pm

Off Topic- I use my Revo bag to back into thick brush all the time. And the extra drink holder helps alot too - nothing will get down a stuck disc better than a 32oz gatorade.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:42 pm

steezo wrote:Off Topic- I use my Revo bag to back into thick brush all the time. And the extra drink holder helps alot too - nothing will get down a stuck disc better than a 32oz gatorade.

32oz nalgene bottle so you dont risk spilling precious gatorade everywhere (or what ever contents your nalgene contains)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Jakeginter » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:41 pm

calvarycoffee wrote:there should be a few reviews on them in www.discgolfreview.com

Thanks, I had already read the reviews on it, but I was assuming that there was a few people who didn't write reviews who could add their input here.
P.S. Thanks for the thought anyway
Jakeginter
Noob

Postby sleepy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:49 pm

Jakeginter wrote:Thanks, I had already read the reviews on it, but I was assuming that there was a few people who didn't write reviews who could add their input here.
P.S. Thanks for the thought anyway

Try searching the forums. There's a search button at the top of this page that will let you search every post on these boards for whatever topic you wish. There should be a good number of threads containing info on Revolution bags. :)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Aaron_D » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:45 am

I haved a revolution mini bag and find that it only holds 10 discs comfortably for me...less if you carry more than 1 putter...which is thicker than most drivers.

I carry 2 rocs 2 teebirds 2 cyclones 1 valk 1 pred and 1 wizard...for the most part the mini is big enough, but if i stuff the pockets things get a little tight.
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby adamschneider » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:33 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:32oz nalgene bottle so you dont risk spilling precious gatorade everywhere (or what ever contents your nalgene contains)

I discovered last fall -- while throwing mine into a tree to retrieve a disc -- that while the "body" of a Nalgene bottle is indestructible, the softer plastic cap is NOT, and it will break if the bottle lands squarely on its head...

Besides, a big stick is a much more effective disc-dislodger; put some spin on it and it disturbs a much larger area than a bottle.
adamschneider
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 164g Halo

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:04 pm

understandable, used mine this morning (twice :oops: ) and it got the job done, I have always been afraid of breaking the cap though.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby adamschneider » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:04 pm

If you DO crack a Nalgene cap, by the way, you can buy a new one from them for $3. Kind of a rip-off, but cheaper than $9 for a whole new bottle.
adamschneider
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 164g Halo

Postby Eric O » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:12 pm

adamschneider wrote:...the "body" of a Nalgene bottle is indestructible
I have seen several break over the years. Besides they are priced ridiculous for an uninsulated water container. I only carry them in the backcountry anymore, where a broken water bottle is more than just annoying. It is hard to go wrong reusing any plastic bottle that you already bought with the water/sports drink/etc in it, then switching to a new one every few days when it loses it's new cleanness. My favorite are the Gatorade bottles with the knurled grip and sport top that fit in a bicycle drink holder. Threw out all my old bike water bottles.

I do agree stick>h2o bottle for disc retrieval though.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:55 pm

Eric O wrote:It is hard to go wrong reusing any plastic bottle that you already bought with the water/sports drink/etc in it, then switching to a new one every few days when it loses it's new cleanness.

And I thought I was the only one that did this! 8)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:40 am

steezo wrote:Off Topic-nothing will get down a stuck disc better than a 32oz gatorade.

I'll be damned...was about to say something similar. I carry nalgene bottles (amber to match my orange bag). I hated to spend the money, but i was cracking gatoraide and dollar store bottles too often from harshly setting down my bag....
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Equipment