Innova Tour Bag Discontinued?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Innova Tour Bag Discontinued?

Postby TBird » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:45 am

I was looking at http://www.gottagogottathrow.comat bags and noticed that they say the Innova Tour Bag is discontinued. Does anybody know whether the bag is being discontinued by Innova, or just by that web site or what? If it is being discontinued, is Innova coming out with a new tour bag?

Just wondered if anybody has heard anything,
Travis
Dallas Area Disc Golfers - Visit www.DallasDiscGolf.com
TBird
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:22 am

word on the street:

the bags keep tearing. the one that was available up until recently was the 2nd version, and it tore, just in diff spots from the first version.

supposedly they have discontinued it until they can find someone to make a bag like that that will not tear, but i really don't have a clue. imo, the $50 pdga original/tour bag is a superior product, as is the $60 revolution bag. however, i believe once the $50 price tag is exceeded, may as well go all out on the upper end gateway or revolution bags.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TBird » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:21 am

I have been looking at the revolution bags, specifically the Carolina edition, because I like the dual 32 oz. water bottle holders (it is August in Texas!!). Those bags look great and built to last, but I have not seen one in person. Are the Gateway bags as highly recommended?

Travis
Dallas Area Disc Golfers - Visit www.DallasDiscGolf.com
TBird
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:44 pm

my gateway tour bag has seen 5 years of use and is still going strong

have some slight wear on the bottom of one of the drink holders but that's it. they are lighter weight than the innova or pdga bags but twice as durable, especially on the stitching. gateway will also repair any tears for free. people go crazy over the revo bags but i'm meeting a lot more people nowadays having problems with them.

both the innova tour bag and pdga original bag are knock-offs in design.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:56 am

I have the Carolina bag, and I really like it. I'm one of those that went through several Innova bags, which led to my decision to purchase the Revolution bag. The price was equivalent to all the other bags I went through.

It seems to be tougher material, on par (no pun intended) as a ball golf bag. My only complaint is the open bottom of the drink holders. It causes mud for me when the condensation ( and probably spills ) touches dirt.

The worse damage I've had is on the edge of the rain flap caused by a damned mouse, which I sent to Heaven.

In Texas, with all the thorny bush and cactus, I really recommend the Revolution bag. The bottom is truck vinyl, so it won't tear if you snag something.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment