Pro JK Valkyrie

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pro JK Valkyrie

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:50 am

Pro JK Valkyrie
What's the deal with this disc. I recently found one, and the guy who previously owned it just told me to keep it as he doesn't throw Innova Discs anymore.
How does this disc compare to a DX Valk, or Champion Valk?
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Rooster » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:54 am

personally, i find my JK valk(which i don't throw anymore), alot more stable than a champ or dx valk. its really weird, it was hard for me to turn that disc over.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

JK valk

Postby twmccoy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:48 pm

Yeah, I got the same impressions from this disc (assuming you mean the champion clear plastic). I have a few of these and they do seem to fly more stable than other valks, including champions. They also have no dome and are very flat topped. Good disc though. Sort of like a viking or old beast.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby calvarycoffee » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:36 am

i have a 150 jk valk.

i probably don't help the discussion, but is is crazy nutz understable. like a beat up dragon.
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:37 am

brand new JK (4x or early 5x) were incredibly stable. Imagine throwing with 360' of power and 5 degrees hyzer; this thing would flatten and maybe turn over a hair before hyzering back. I love JK Pro Valks, they also fly very very similar to CE Valks especially once broken in.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:24 am

Weebl wrote:brand new JK (4x or early 5x) were incredibly stable. Imagine throwing with 360' of power and 5 degrees hyzer; this thing would flatten and maybe turn over a hair before hyzering back. I love JK Pro Valks, they also fly very very similar to CE Valks especially once broken in.

Awesome, can't wait to throw this one, it's slightly beat in and a little gummy :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Weebl » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:15 pm

All the translucent JK Valks(4x and early 5x) I have and have seen are the firm CE/champ plastic, unless the one you have is lighter, those seem to be super gummy.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

valks

Postby twmccoy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:29 pm

Weebl wrote:All the translucent JK Valks(4x and early 5x) I have and have seen are the firm CE/champ plastic, unless the one you have is lighter, those seem to be super gummy.

The few I have seem to be regular clear champion plastic. Nothing really special about them other than the fact that they fly like beasts. I have seen a few super gummy valks, but they are all current run 150g's.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Fritz » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:32 pm

tried it out tongiht, wasn't really impressed.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Weebl » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:42 am

Out of all Flat top JK Valks I've seen, never seen a regular champion plastic. If the JK Valk isn't a flat top (if it's a flat top you'll know...) then take all previous information from me and ignore it.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 pm

It was a old JK, I just put my gazelle farther and I'm more comfortable with teh gazelle :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Return to Equipment