Thanks to Disc Golf Review

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Thanks to Disc Golf Review

Postby Eric O » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Like many others who visit this site, my golf game has come a long way since stumbling onto this web page and soaking up all the information at hand. I played a little disc golf several years back then kind of forgot about it until my brother picked up a Shark for me and took me out to one of the local courses last spring.

Over just the last few days I finally feel like all the pieces are starting to fall in place. The drives off the tee are going longer and straighter. Approach shots are landing on the green, and putts 25ft and in are starting to become automatic. I have gotten some tips here and there from local players, but it is only through reading all the instructional articles and technique repair section many times over then struggling to understand it and apply it on the course, that my game has elevated to the level I have been reaching the last couple days. Disc golf has recently gotten even more fun for me.

Thanks to Blake especially, as well as to all those who take the time in the forums to break down things that are not always easily conveyed through the written word.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:53 pm

glad things are going well.

thanks for the comments.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Terrence » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:34 pm

I too, would like to thank discgolfreview.com. I've been an avid disc golfer for nearly four years now, but I've never been able to throw over 250' consistantly. One would think that after years of play a disc golfer would naturally improve distance, but I've been throwing 200-250' drives for years.

It's been rainy these past couple days and I've been reading through all the straightforward intstructional articles. I found all sorts of things I was doing in my drive that robbed major distance. I can't wait to get to the football field to work on 300'. Consistant, accurate 300' drives are my goal for this season. I am already quite accurate on short tight holes. I can fire discs straight at the basket from 100-150'.

Anyways, Thanks. I can't wait to grip and rip tomorrow morning.
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Return to General Discussion