Who is Brent Hambrick?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Who is Brent Hambrick?

Postby coogs » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:44 am

In my constant immersion in this sport, I like to know and understand the history of however many influential people there have been. That being said, could someone educate me, or point me toward a link, that gives information about Hambrick?

Every search I do just gives me info about the memorial open.
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:35 pm

brent was a mover/shaker in the sport in the midwest during the 80's (and i believe possibly the late 70's and early 90's).

someone very much known for promoting the sport and helping it grow. i believe he died of cancer in the early 90's.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby roadkill » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:59 pm

I played quite a few rounds with Brent.

Met him in 1988 at Brandywine(DE). My first impression of him wasn't all that positive as I returned a disc to him that he had left on the course and he didn't seem at all appreciative.

However as my game improved and I started shooting the same scores as him I found myself in his group more frequently and found him to be very friendly and a great guy to play with and hang out with.

He had battled Hogkins for a while and then it went into remission for about 8-9 years. Then all of all sudden symptoms returned and he posted basicly a farewell letter in Disc Golf World News informing his disc golf family of his impending fate. He died of cancer about 5-6 months later.

Good golfer, fun guy and one of the pioneers of disc golf touring.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Return to General Discussion